Quil is a digital health company that develops products and services for patients, caregivers, and the clinical teams who support them. Quil is a joint venture between Comcast and Independence Health Group (Independence) and prides itself as a high-energy organization that fosters innovation, individual growth, and team collaboration. Quil’s mission is to help people organize and navigate their health in partnership with their family, healthcare providers, and health plans.
We are looking for an energetic, experienced Agile, Cloud Native Developer with experience on AWS and / or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to join a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. Our team is busy building new products that include Smart Home / Home-care sensor technologies, Personal health and Caregiving features.
You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries – especially those listed below. This position has an emphasis on backend serverless, event driven integration and services using both AWS and GCP platforms. If you have experience building Serverless solutions using Firebase including Cloud Storage and Auth we’d love to speak with you!
You are a team player who takes pride in your craft and plays an active role in improving your team and your product. As part of our team, you will work closely with Product to define, design, implement, deliver and own new features once in Production. Our team will be one of many who work together on the overall product – great communication and thoughtful design is essential.
This position is open to both local and remote candidates who are comfortable working in the US-Eastern time zone.
You have the skills to be successful in this role if you have:
- 4+ years of Agile software development and engineering, with at least 2 years using AWS/GCP cloud technologies including serverless (Lambda, Cloud Functions), NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, FireStore), Firebase and Kinesis/SQS/EventBridge/PubSub to build large scale performant solutions using Event-Driven or Message-Driven architectures
- Experience using AWS CloudFormation/CDK/Cloud Deployment Manager or other Serverless frameworks
- A solid understanding of API and system design tradeoffs for application development efficiency, application performance, and cost
- Passion for developing maintainable, stable, responsive and scalable software. Understanding and supporting ITOps/DevOps best practices.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with attention to detail – be proud of your craft!
It is a plus if you have:
- SQL and Relational Database development experience
- Experience using Python