Liaison International, is unique in that we are an established and stable organization but have that fast-paced energy and feel of an emerging technology company. Our SaaS based admissions management and enrollment marketing software and services helps millions of students take the next step in their academic career and is utilized by over 31,000 academic programs at more than 1,000 institutions.
We are seeking a capable, motivated, and experience cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize and maintain cloud-based solutions. If you love tackling problems head-on, enjoy coming up with creative solutions for complex problems and like keeping yourself updated with the latest trends in technology, then you will fit in well with our team. We run a fast-paced but casual team that operates in a supportive atmosphere.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the optimal cloud-based solutions for our customer facing services and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and our security policies. You should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
- Collaborate with engineering, DevOps and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Design, develop and deploy modular cloud-based systems
- Develop and maintain cloud solutions in accordance with best practices
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure performance and stability issues
- Identify, analyze, and resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities
- Regularly review existing systems and make recommendations for improvements
- Manage and prioritize day to day workloads and support requests
- Architect, design and deploy logging, metrics and alerting solutions
- Contribute to planning efforts for disaster recovery, capacity expansion, component upgrading and system hardening
- Work with engineering teams to increase the operational stability of the platform
- Train and mentor more junior personnel
- Orchestrate and automate cloud-based platforms
- Manage service delivery, systems reliability and scalability of a multi-tenant platform in a SaaS based environment
- Create, maintain and update system documentation
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- 2+ years of experience with Kubernetes and Containers
- 3+ years of experience in designing, deploying and maintaining highly available applications and services in the AWS cloud
- Experience with SysOps
- Strong comprehension, problem-solving & troubleshooting, analytical and consultative skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships within our IT team, across the company, and with partners and customers
- Demonstrated experience working in agile development environments
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and managing software in production environment and container-based service deployment and ability to use various open-source technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies
- Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities
- Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure, multiple deadlines and minimal supervision
- AWS certifications are a plus
- Experience using infrastructure automation tools – CloudFormation, Terraform, and/or CDK
- Knowledge of web services, REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases – Amazon Aurora and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with the Atlassian Tools such as JIRA/Confluence