Cloud Database Engineer/DBA
CyberArk Software, the global leader in privileged access management, helps organizations transform their business through improved security and reduced risk. As a trusted partner for thousands of companies around the world, CyberArk consistently sets the bar driving innovation and helping our customers stay one step ahead of attackers.
CyberArk Database Engineers (DBE) are skilled database professionals who enjoy a challenge and own the availability and resiliency of CyberArk cloud database environments. Through modern automation, DBEs manage the database environments to ensure the proper application of fault tolerance, high-availability, performance and scalability are achieved in accordance with SLOs. DBEs fill the role of administrator, engineer and advisor to our engineering teams and share the responsibility for building robust solutions that leverage best in class, operational supportability and cost.
CyberArk seeks a DBE candidate with a positive attitude who enjoys solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment.
- Develop and maintain database availability plans to include fault tolerance, high availability and recoverability objectives
- Monitor and alerting of the database environment using existing or new tooling for all availability and performance conditions
- Database and data environment security modeling and implementation of security controls and protocols to protect data environment from threats or vulnerabilities
- Management of capacity planning
- Troubleshooting of database issues including architectural considerations
- 3-5years of experience managing RDBMS in at least one of MSSQL/PostgreSQL
- 2-3 years of experience with Amazon RDS
- Direct experience working among engineering and operations teams
- Direct experience consulting with teams to architect solutions using data tiers
- Strength in SQL, pgSQL, T-SQL
- Strong hands-on experience in Linux/Unix and Windows OS
- Nice to haves:
- Experience with data ingest pipelines (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Experience with unstructured data techniques in public cloud
- Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Think like an attacker
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong hands-on technical abilities
- Strong computer literacy and/or the comfort, ability and desire to advance technically
- Strong understanding of Information Security in various environments
- Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibilities
- Ability to keep track of numerous detail-intensive, interdependent tasks and ensure their accurate completion
CyberArk is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Recruiting agencies or vendors without a valid agreement between the parties are not authorized to (a) send CyberArk unsolicited resumes or candidate data or (b) contact CyberArk employees for the purposes of presenting candidates for employment. CyberArk will only work with recruiting agencies who have a valid agreement with CyberArk and that are specifically invited by CyberArks recruiting team to assist with searching for and submitting candidates for a specific position. Any unsolicited resumes or other candidate data submitted to CyberArk will not be accepted and shall be considered CyberArks property. CyberArk will not pay any placement or other fees of any kind for any unsolicited resumes or candidate data that is submitted in violation of this policy. CyberArk does not accept liability under any legal theory such as course of conduct, oral agreements, implied contracts, or otherwise based on negotiations with a candidate identified from an unsolicited resume or data in violation of this policy.
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment at CyberArk, subject to reasonable accommodation where required by law.