Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Vault Clinical Data Management System (CDMS) is changing the way clinical data is managed in the industry. Vault CDMS combines EDC, coding, data cleaning, and reporting into one application. Gone are the days of complex integrations that limit clinical data availability, now research teams can make faster and more informed decisions.
Veeva Systems is looking for Consultants who have experience programming/implementing life sciences software. Specifically, those who can help implement and optimize customers use of EDC in running their clinical trials.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role, and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Work and consult with customers to review and understand clinical protocol requirements and all project specifications applying industry and Veeva best practices
- Drive database development activities per the implementation project plan by working with various members of the sponsor, CRO, and other external vendor teams
- Configure forms, rules, and other study items with Veeva Vault CDMS product during development
- Conduct on-site or remote user acceptance testing with the customer including coordination of all feedback, resolution of issues, and acceptance of the study
- Support requirements gathering and specification creation process for all study integrations and go-live activities to ensure a smooth transition of the study to the customer
- Act as the customer and clinical site trusted advisor to ensure that the study trial design is configured to meet the customers goals and offer full benefits of Veevas CDMS application while providing training and mentorship
- Communicate potential risks and contingency plans with project management to ensure process compliance with all regulatory and Veeva procedural requirements
- Participate and contribute to process product, or best practices initiatives and support developers and testers during the project lifecycle
- Participate in Vault CDMS Product team discussions to convey data management activities, challenges, and end-user expectations
- 2+years experience working with EDC clinical software solutions in end-to-end data management-related activities (database design, data collection, data analysis, query resolution, datasets, statistical reporting)
- Life sciences industry and clinical trial processes (pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, CRO, and academic & public health organizations) experience in relation to design, documentation, and data collection with demonstrated success during project assessment, planning, development, training, and implementation with customers
- Experience in a customer-facing role, preferably with a software professional services or consulting organization
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-moving environment and meet project timelines with quality results
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 20-25% (may include international)
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with data management standards and guidelines (GCDMP, CDISC, SDTMIG, CDASH)
- Experience working with system integrators for IVRS, medical coding, eSource, CTMS, eTMF, and other clinical technologies
- Integration/Programming experience with REST-based APIs
- Experience in interpreting clinical protocols and translating requirements into software specifications including writing and reviewing technical documentation
- Life Science, computer science, or related degree
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $65,000 - $170,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].