Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready to make a change?
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to support our xtraCHEF Team. As part of our recent acquisition, we are creating a business unit that aims to empower the restaurant community to optimize their operations, seamlessly manage their suppliers, and effectively manage their books. The ideal candidate is just as strong at project management/analysis as they are at influencing senior leaders. This role will be responsible for running the operating system for the organization as well as driving strategic initiatives. In this highly visible role, it is equally important that this person be a strong individual contributor as much as a team player. They must be able to work collaboratively with cross functional departments to guide project execution, reduce obstacles to completion, and ensure initiatives meet committed timelines.
About this role
- Manage xtraCHEFs operating system and ensure it is in accordance with the companys operating system
- Facilitate effective use of functional meetings such as monthly reviews, all hands, and off sites
- Manage the flow of information within the xtraCHEF leadership team and act as a strategic advisor to the xtraCHEF Executive team to help drive and manage exponential growth.
- Identify ways to improve the team's operational workflow and drive process improvements
- Attend meetings and participate in projects with, or on behalf of the xtraCHEF Executive team
- Act as a bridge for smooth communication between the xtraCHEF Executive team and leaders across the organization, building relationships crucial to effective collaboration across the company to ensure strong alignment and both short-term and long-term strategy.
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, integration efforts, new expansion explorations, board presentations, stepping in temporarily to support urgent business needs for vacant roles and more.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Strong desire to focus on analytical insights and answers to tough problems
- Strong communications skills, as well as, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Experience in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Strong Quantitative and analytical skills; advanced modeling skills
- 8+ years of experience of consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.