Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role:
Every day, teachers, principals, and school district leaders across the country use Panoramas platform to improve outcomes for students across academics, social-emotional learning, family engagement, attendance, well-being, and college-career readiness. Panorama is the fastest growing platform in K-12 education, and 1 in 4 American students goes to a school that has adopted Panorama.
As Chief Product Officer, you will grow Panorama as the leading, high-impact technology platform in education. You will lead and scale our product development organization across Product, Research, and Design, and build out the next level of product development practices in a manner that reflects Panorama's DNA as a product-centric company. Over the coming years, you will significantly grow Panoramas three current products to increase student impact, user engagement, and revenue, and you will bring new products to market that expand the impact and value of Panoramas platform.
We are a Series C stage company on a rapid growth trajectory, and as Chief Product Officer you will play a key role in leading Panorama through this next chapter of growth and beyond. This role sits on our Executive Team and reports to Panoramas CEO.
Panorama has raised $105 million from General Atlantic (Series C lead), Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and other leading investors.
- Lead and grow the Product, Research, and Design teams through strong people management, recruiting, and talent development, and invest in the development of our Product, Research, and Design leaders
- Lead vision, strategy, and fast-paced product development to grow our three core products in a manner that increases student impact, user engagement, and revenue, and maintains and advances our position as the market leader
- Expand the Panorama platform by successfully launching and growing new products that have a significant impact on outcomes for students, and establish a longer-term R&D pipeline for future products, while maintaining high product quality and ensuring unified user experience across the Panorama platform
- Lead product efforts to increase end user product engagement and advance Panorama's position as an essential platform, while continuing to act on feedback from system buyers and sales reps
- Build out the next level of product development practices, operating rhythms, and cross-functional structures in a manner that reflects Panorama's DNA as a product-centric company and enables our product organization to scale through our next chapters of growth (e.g., customer feedback process, roadmapping process, strategic planning process, launch process, product metrics, OKRs, R&D pipeline)
- Support ~1-2 acquisitions of new products to add to Panorama's platform, where we assess that M&A is the right tool for accelerating our product vision.
- Partner closely with Chief Technology Officer, CEO, and broader Executive Team
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Significant product leadership experience at high-growth, product-centric technology companies, including enterprise SaaS experience (education experience a plus but not required)
- Strong people manager with experience building and leading large product, research, and/or design teams, including talent development, recruiting, and culture-building
- Skilled at building, managing, and iterating product development practices, operating rhythms, and cross-functional structures across stages of growth (e.g., customer feedback processes, roadmapping, strategic planning)
- Customer-centric product leader and commercial thinker skilled at understanding customer problems, what is going to generate value for customers, how to position products, how to bring new products to market, and how to build a strategic and competitive advantage.
- Strong product sense and design instincts, with a focus on user experience
- Skilled at setting product vision and strategy - you are a strategic thinker and you engage in the substance of product vision, while also empowering your team to own and co-create vision and strategy
- Experience advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Moves quickly and thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Fast-learning, humble, high growth mindset, and welcomes ambiguity
- Excellent cross-functional collaborator with high EQ
- Passionate about education and improving outcomes for students
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; weve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.