Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the CAO will be a key financial leader primarily responsible for the global accounting operations which include: financial close and consolidation processes and SEC filings, revenue accounting and operations, collections, payroll and accounts payable, SOX, tax reporting and compliance, and oversight of the external audit process. The CAO will also be the focal point for the Companys Audit Committee. The CAO manages and provides leadership to all these functions and is a key leader at Veeva.
What You'll Do
- Lead a global team of 100+ finance professionals in all aspects of accounting to ensure accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Key fiduciary of the Company.
- Responsible for ensuring an effective system of global internal controls and SOX compliance, accurate financial disclosures, and timely regulatory filings.
- Responsible for the global accounting team and international accounting operations.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors to ensure efficient annual audits and quarterly reviews.
- Responsible for leading Audit Committee interactions, planning, and meeting execution.
- Support the SEC reporting team in the review of the 10-Q, 10-K, and other relevant SEC filings.
- Ability to research and deeply understand complex accounting areas (revenue recognition, tax, etc.)
- Partner cross-functionally with IT, Legal, Treasury, FP&A, and Employee Success to support the success of the business.
- Work closely with the CFO and Finance leadership team to continue to scale end-to-end business processes, systems, and financial controls in support of the future growth of the Company. This includes leading, evaluating, and executing on global initiatives.
- Support M&A in the areas of due diligence and post-merger integration activities.
- Currently in a Corporate Controller or Chief Accounting Officer role
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- CPA or Chartered Accountant
- SaaS or Technology Service industry experience
- Experience in building and leading large global teams
- Strong communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible in thought and approach
Nice to Have
- Scaling systems and processes
- International and domestic tax knowledge
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.