Our Business Operations Team is looking for a highly-motivated Analyst who will join a team of Business Operations Analysts with the objective to mature the company use of Anaplan. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual seeking a high visibility role in fast-paced, dynamic environment.
In this role, you will report to a Manager of Business Operations. You will own the modeling function for our Anaplan system and will drive efforts to build models that will automate current forecasting practices and drive efficiency and accuracy in our planning and reporting processes. To support your Anaplan work, you will gain first-hand planning experience by assuming analytical and forecasting responsibilities for selected company products / sales channels.
The ideal candidate will bring to the table proven ability to develop model building solutions by partnering with stakeholders to understand, document and optimize existing planning and forecasting processes. Planning, forecasting and analytical experience is a must. The Analyst will have a proactive and creative problem-solving approach to aid in identifying efficiency opportunities by leveraging Anaplan as a solution.
As a Business Operations Analyst you will:
- Gather planning and forecasting experience by assuming ownership of planning and reporting processes for selected company products.
- Understanding business processes and business requirements and translate these into functional requirements and use cases
- Design and build Anaplan application models to support business processes. Connect Anaplan to existing company systems and BI applications to ensure seamless real time accurate data flow between applications
- Build and develop Anaplan modules and list based on model blueprint
- Configure and maintain Anaplan lists, modules, dashboards, actions, and other model settings to meet business needs
- Provide hands-on training to end users on Anaplan models and processes
- Define and administer user roles and permissions in Anaplan
Your Business Analyst role will support your hands-on business experience and enable efficient Anaplan model building:
- You will partner with analysts on our team and business stakeholders to assume ownership of ARR / bookings forecasting and analysis for selected products. You will own the actuals vs plan performance analysis. Together with stakeholders, you will drive identification of root causes and plan mitigation measures for gaps in performance.
- Thorough understanding of the company databases and your ability to sift through large data sets to pinpoint meaningful findings will help you in your daily work. You will own the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of standard reporting, developing efficiencies where possible
- To best represent your work, you will develop and maintain reports and dashboards to display data and track performance in a stakeholder-effective way.
- BS degree or equivalent experience in business, statistics, mathematics, or related field is preferred.
- 1 year of Anaplan experience or 2+ years of experience building models
- 5+ years of analysis and modeling experience; Demonstrated ability to evaluate data and trends and articulate potential opportunities/benefits that align to company goals
- Strong expertise and deep understanding of multi-dimensional modeling
- Expert skills of Excel spreadsheet modeling, macros, pivot tables, formulas, charts etc.
- Subject matter expertise in operations, financial management systems, or sales planning (Anaplan, MS Office / Excel, BI Tools); must be very comfortable running data queries and navigating multiple data sources
- Ability to translate from model-building in Excel to multi-dimensional technologies.
- Strong understanding of data integration
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Strong communication/interaction skills proven track record as cross-functional influencer with demonstrated ability to network effectively at all levels within the organization; must be able to present complex insights concisely to different audiences
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and manage a high workload
- Strong work ethic complimented by a pro-active problem solver attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to precise deadlines
- Demonstrated strategic thinking; has a big-picture perspective and the ability to consider all relevant information when making recommendations