The person that fills this high‐level, individual contributor role will strengthen the impact of, and provide recommendations on, business systems that will need to be available and shared consistently across the organization. Success will be measured in terms of an enabled workforce, with whom processes are simplified and optimized, technology is highly‐leveraged and integrated, and data confidentiality, integrity, and availability remain paramount.
Mimecast is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join the fast‐paced GTM Digital Business Innovation team, reporting to the Vice President. The team is responsible for global GTM business applications and technology, improving business efficiencies and supporting business transformation initiatives, including the integration of new acquisitions.
The Business Analyst is a hands-on critical member that will work closely with the business owners to drive improved business process efficiency. The role requires a high degree of internal interaction at all levels within the organization and as such, the candidate must have superior interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, coupled with an excellent understanding of business processes and systems.
The successful candidate will be heavily relied upon to provide solutions for our cloud business applications, including Salesforce.com, NetSuite and other integrated applications.
- Collaborate with business partners to document current processes across the spectrum of systems and solutions, identifying gaps and opportunities for optimization.
- Document requirements and business processes working collaboratively with the Architects to recommend approaches for implementing new solutions.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high‐level information into details, abstract up from low‐level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively engage as a business systems partner with the business leads.
- Break down high-level business problems into specific questions which can then be answered through analysis
- Author key documents, including Business Requirements, Business Process Flows, Use cases, Training Guides and various other documents.
- Develop smart, compelling dashboards and reports to track KPI’s, identify trends, and monitor the business.
- Present information clearly so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy and technology projects.
- Individually perform necessary application configuration and other setups, and work in conjunction with others in the team to do the same.
- Work with limited direction and supervision, usually within a complex and changing environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet project deadlines.
- Recommend requirements and solutions to ensure compliance with financial internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP and other relevant policies and local laws.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a closely-related IT or business operations role, including a minimum of two years working in a business systems environment that leverages an agile methodology.
- BS in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in Business Systems Analyst, or Business Consultant role, preferably with a cloud-based application focus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.
- Create deployment documentation; process flows, use cases, test scenarios and scripts, and training guides.
- Exceptional business acumen, and the ability to communicate to executives, business domain stakeholders and technical staff alike.
- Experience assisting business leads in communicating business requirements and formulating those into use cases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, techies, and subject matter experts.
- Experience working with remote global team members and management strongly preferred.
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced and agile team, focused on strong execution.
- Experience with M&A system integration projects preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Prior working knowledge of Jira.
- Experience with implementing Agile methodologies in a BA role.
Mimecast is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability. Mimecast is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the interview and employment process, and to use our online system to apply for a position. Send an email to [email protected] to request reasonable accommodations.
Mimecast will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.