The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
Want to be part of a team that provides industry leading technologies that are digitally transforming industry operations? AspenTech creates software innovations that tackle the most complex process manufacturing challenges, creating significant value and improving the profitability and sustainability of operations for our customers.
The Business Operations Manager will play a key role, in partnership with the General Manager and the Pharma leadership team, in building the Pharmaceutical business and operations. This role drives operational execution and achievement of Pharma business unit programs and projects and will also drive new business processes for the team.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives for the Pharma business unit. Create and manage internal project plans; monitor and review project progress and timelines; adjust schedules and plans as needed; and identify and resolve issues to ensure project success.
- Work with business owners to define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions.
- Drive BU QBR process. Gather, interpret, and action business and organization metrics.
- Oversee headcount and expense budget for the business unit. Interface with Finance/FP&A/HR to ensure alignment on investment/expense strategy and execution.
- Coordinate with HR and line managers to ensure the timely hiring of the right resources in the right locations.
- Identify potential synergies between teams and encourage sharing of best practices.
- Support teams to think through problems (both business and communications).
- Influence and prepare leadership staff meeting agendas to ensure the most important topics and business issues are being framed and considered properly.
- Promote proactive communication by creating content for periodic update emails and all-hands meetings as well as internal and external presentations, if needed.
- Work closely with corporate functions to ensure the BU is functioning efficiently.
What You'll Need
- BA/BS, MBA highly desirable.
- Strong operational/project/program management experience.
- Success navigating in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional project leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong audit, analytical and quantitative ability.
- Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving an issue-resolution.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and multitasking are essential.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to prioritize and communicate clearly across all levels of the organization (without formal authority).
- Demonstrated willingness to have difficult conversations regarding budget, resources and timeline.
- Six Sigma Certified and/or PMP certification is a plus