Reporting to the Senior Director of the Data & Analytics Team, the Business Intelligence Manager will play a critical role in building out SimpliSafe's analytics capability. As SimpliSafe has been growing significantly over the last few years, its advanced analytics needs have outgrown its current capacity. Among other things, we are now in the process of increasing the rigor of SimpliSafe's data management and reporting capability.
As a part of this effort, you will be defining data management processes, data governance policies, standardized KPIs & operational metrics and executive reports across business units as well as the platforms for them to be implemented in. This will require you to engage with senior leadership and other stakeholders to collect critical requirements, identify potential solutions and implement them. Furthermore, once the platform and processes are implemented, you will oversee compliance with the established data management and governance policies as well as further development of standardized reports and visualizations.
You will recruit and oversee a team of BI analysts to build and foster a culture of insight-driven decision making throughout the organization. BI Analysts at SimpliSafe play an essential role in providing the board, the executive team, and other senior leadership with the vital and accurate information to grow SimpliSafe and maintain its role as the premier DIY Security firm in the industry. As Business Intelligence Manager, you will lead these conversations, drive new insights from our ever growing data, and grow your teams analytics capability by example and through technical guidance.
What Youll Do
- Directly manage multiple BI Analysts
- Define and execute a data management strategy
- Translate high-level business strategy into standardized reports, dashboards, and data needs
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key metrics and data requirements
- Build easy-to-use data products to support deep dives which identify drivers for business trends
- Assure data quality through defining and monitoring data governance policies
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Explain complex technical concepts in leadership-facing, easy-to-digest language and visuals
What Youll Need
- People management experience required
- Have 5+ years of progressive experience in an analytical role
- 5-6 years of experience with SQL and cloud technologies like AWS
- Knowledge of leading trends and best practices in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization
- Hands on experience with data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker or Data Studio
- Intermediate or higher knowledge of Python for data analysis.
- A natural detective, with keen interest in solving complex business problems with data driven methods
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment at a rapidly growing organization with an evolving data landscape
- Passionate about customer service
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a quantitative field; MBA a plus
- Strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Able to understand a highly interconnected technical and strategic landscape
- Experience working with subscription businesses a plus