Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Data Engineering team at CarGurus is looking for a Manager of Analytics Engineering to enable data-driven decisions across the company. You will be responsible for delivering scalable and highly performant data models that power reporting solutions for stakeholders in Product Management, Marketing, Finance, and other key areas of the business. We are looking for a candidate who can work collaboratively with our partners and customers, who can also actively contribute to our corporate analytics strategy as we continue to grow and evolve our core business.
What You'll Do:
- Grow and lead a team of analytics engineers who will support a diverse set of stakeholders across our business and engineering orgs
- Provide technical leadership to your team to build production quality data transformations and maintainable data architectures
- Develop a vision for CarGurus business intelligence platform, identifying gaps in our people and technology strategies and setting high standards for data quality
- Build strong partnerships across the company and continuously integrate feedback into the teams strategy and operations
- Collaborate with Product Management to prioritize initiatives, manage the execution of projects, and implement agile software development practices as needed
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience in product/business analytics, data engineering, analytics engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on people management experience
- Experience working with a cloud data warehouse (e.g., Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery) and a modern business intelligence platform (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Domo)
- Expert level SQL proficiency and deep familiarity with dimensional modeling best practices
- Ability to build a multi-sprint plan for a complex data modeling project from loosely defined business requirements
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.