Mynd is a tech-enabled real estate company serving the $85B+ property management and real estate investment market. In the past few years, consumers have gained access to free stock trades, greater transparency in the mortgage market, and apps that make managing their money more convenient. Yet real estate investment, the most powerful tool for building generational wealth, has largely been the purview of wealthier individuals and professional money managers.
Mynd is determined to overhaul that paradigm.
At Mynd, were on a mission to democratize access to happy homes and sustainable investments by making the purchase of single-family residential real estate as effortless as other types of investments. Investing in real estate can be intimidating, especially for first-time buyers. Moreover, many potential investors dont want to buy real estate in their geographic area, or have been priced out of competitive big city housing markets.
With operations in 25 markets across the U.S. and real-time insights via our platform, we remove the time, communication, and geographic barriers traditionally associated with buying real estate. Investors can now find, purchase, lease, manage, and sell single-family rental properties 100 percent remotely.
Mynd is Best Places to Work certified, a Built In SF Best Places to Work 2022 winner, and was named the #1 fastest-growing East Bay company by the San Francisco Business Times in 2021. Weve attracted talent from Starwood Waypoint Homes, The New York Times, McKinsey, BCG, Compass, Better, One Medical, Zillow, Upwork, WeWork, and Facebook. Were backed by top VCs, including Lightspeed, Canaan, Jackson Square, and QED, and recently announced a $5 billion deal with Invesco Real Estate that will make us the largest buyer of single-family rental homes in the country.
About the role:
We are looking for a BI Engineer to work on developing and maintaining BI and Reporting solutions and infrastructure supporting the ambitious company mission.
The BI Engineer collaborates with the broader Data, Software Development and DevOps teams to maintain scalability, reliability and maintainability of the companys overall technical stack. The BI Engineer also works closely with business and product teams to ensure timeliness and efficiency of data-driven decision making.
We operate a modern data stack that includes AWS, Snowflake, Fivetran, Airflow, DBT, Datarobot and Sisense. We also implement integrations with multiple ERP, CRM and Marketing solutions and proprietary systems of Retail Industry and Technology partners.
The primary focus of this role is to design, develop and implement clean and easy-to-use BI and Reporting solutions for use by analysts and business decision makers.
- Operates in a remote-first environment collaborating with individuals and teams distributed across multiple time zones worldwide
- Works with internal partner teams, and, occasionally, external partners on defining the scope and the requirements for BI and Reporting projects
- Designs, develops and implements individual reports and dashboards and broader BI solutions
- Implements integrations and migrations of BI/Reporting tools, platforms and frameworks
- Maintains work performance, transparency, and process compliance through usage of the companys task tracking tools and communication channels (Slack, Jira, Bitbucket, Google Suite, etc)
- Participates in projects of a broader Engineering and Data teams by acting as SME and as a contributor to business and engineering initiatives
- Works on continuous improvement of Mynd reporting, data engineering, and analytics practices through platform/tools evaluation, documentation, knowledge sharing, etc
- Flexibility in adjusting to technology stack selection. Ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly
- Proficiency in Sigma is desired
- Experience in a broader range of modern BI/Reporting dashboarding products is required
- Efficiency and sufficient comfort level working with business and product groups on collecting and documenting BI/Reporting requirements
- SQL fluency, preferably with exposure to multiple dialects; Snowflake and Postgres preferable
- Understanding of QA practices relevant to BI/Reporting
- Familiarity with source control tools and CI/CD
- Understanding of performance tuning across multiple components of the technical stack
- Scripting skills relevant to development of reporting solutions and data pipelines (preference for Python); experience in other programming languages is desired
- Bonus points for more extensive experience with Mynds data stack - AWS, Snowflake, DBT, Fivetran, Airflow, Datarobot, Jasper
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
Mynd is closely following the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote the safety of our employees, candidates, owners, residents and communities. The health and safety of our employees and contractors around the world continues to be our top priority as we face the challenges associated with COVID-19. Leaders across Mynd meet regularly to consider the evolving situation and are doing all we can to keep our teams healthy.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our Project Investor Myndset program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an A Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.#LI-REMOTE