Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Fraud Operations is looking for a detail-oriented and strategically minded Business Insights Manager to join our team. The candidates responsibilities will include developing and maintaining reporting and dashboards related to fraud losses and exposure. This includes, but not limited to, developing granular views into our fraud liability, such as quantifying fraud exposure by access point, exhaust methods, and other key insights. The candidate will also partner with Accounting and Data Science to implement controls and reconciliations over management reporting, as well as assist in the development and management of accounting reserves related to fraud and other operational risks. The candidate will also lead efforts to design, test, implement and review complex manual and/or automated processes used to understand historical, current and predictive views related to fraud operations.
To be successful as a Business Insights Manager, the candidate must have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present information in a concise and easily comprehensible manner. The candidate must be able to embrace and thrive in a high-tempo startup environment, being able to improvise and adapt as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Effectively source data from our data lake using SQL and/or other database skills, performing data cleansing as needed
- Work closely with Operations, Accounting, Data Science, and management teams on understanding and developing fraud loss reports and dashboards
- Assist in the development and management of accounting reserves related to fraud and other operational risks
- Analyze and interpret financial data, particularly fraud-related metrics; compile reports on current performance and any significant organization and/or business line changes
- Perform daily or recurring OKR, KPI and KRI related reporting used by fraud associates and fraud leadership (queue reports, production reports, and other ad-hoc metrics to support day to day management of fraud operations)
- Review complex operational, accounting, and data science work processes, systems, and procedures to build efficient and reconcilable reporting
- Collaborate with direct team and cross departmental stakeholders to gather input and feedback concerning reporting needs; develops and analyzes ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive evaluations, proposals, and recommendations to executive leadership, committees, and other stakeholders
- Prepare specifications and documentation such as user manuals, procedures, or other documentation for new and revised processes
- Individual contributor but may plan, conduct and supervise long term projects. May require management of junior associates as the team grows and scales
Other Job Requirements
- Looker, Tableau or other business intelligence software knowledge beginner to intermediate database skills and SQL proficiency will be critical for success
- High financial acumen and an understanding of business metrics used in financial services and operations
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to understand, interpret and present complex data easily to all necessary stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or comparable field. Exposure to data analytics is preferred. A Masters degree is a plus. Candidates with equivalent experience will also be considered.
- 3+ years of comparable experience
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIns Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.