The Business Impact Evaluation team is broadly responsible for three foundational objectives within the Pharmacy Growth organization:
-Defining, implementing, and refining the portfolio-level impact of evaluation strategy and practices.
-Unlocking constrained resources by streamlining and automating measurement and reporting processes.
As an Advisor on our team, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to each of our teams three primary objectives.
-You will be pushed to excel in your analytical craft
- Taking on a leadership role in helping define overall business impact evaluation strategy, executing multi-stage projects, communicating complex analytical results as actionable insights.
-Working with other analysts and advisors across teams to design new experiments, evaluate outcomes, and interpret results.
- Enhancing the rigor, consistency, and efficiency of existing evaluation practices.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Work with team lead and pharmacy leadership to explore long-term impacts of pharmacy interventions and their implications for enterprise growth.
- Perform in-depth analytics on large databases, including but not limited to impact evaluations, patient segmentation, patient journey, and historical comparisons.
- Develop creative, rigorous, bias-free test designs for novel pharmacy interventions.
- Cross-functional collaboration with partners across the enterprise to learn about current business practices and ongoing developments. This includes collaboration with stakeholders at different levels of leadership, from newly hired analysts to Senior Directors and above.
- Maintaining a functional documentation library to speed knowledge transfer, facilitate ad-hoc diagnoses, and spread best practices across the larger organization.
- A bias for action and execution, balancing analytical rigor with speed to insight, necessary complexity, and project interdependencies.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, both with and among our CVS colleagues and with our patients, vendors, and other stakeholders.
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics, data science, or applied statistics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficiency in statistical or analytical software/languages such as Python, SQL, Stata, SAS, R, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication, with a demonstrated ability to take complex topics and convey them in simple, understandable terms to audiences of diverse backgrounds and skillsets. This includes formal presentations to senior leadership and informal working sessions with data engineers and data scientists.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with a history of driving projects forward.
- Background in consulting.
- Prior coursework or work experience in impact evaluation, econometrics, statistics, or data science.
- Experience with Azure Data Lake/Databricks.
- Excited to get into the weeds in thinking through conceptual- and code-level problems.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.