Crayon is seeking a Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our sales team in Boston. Our BDRs research prospective customers, create outreach strategies, and identify sales opportunities. As a BDR, you will conduct exploratory conversations with potential customers, use your business acumen to identify how Crayon could help a business grow, and successfully position the Crayon value proposition. We are looking to build a class of BDR's to start June 2023. This role will be hybrid out of our Boston, MA office.
About the Job:
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Executives to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Conduct high volume prospecting (200+ activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media
- Schedule discovery meetings for Sales Executives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for partnership with Crayon
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great salesperson, leader, and executive
A little about you:
- History of Accomplishment. You have a proven track record of success, and you have previous sales experience or a strong desire to start your sales career.
- Team Player. Emotional intelligence is a must. You enjoy working in a team environment, supporting your teammates in pursuit of our common goals, and working with your colleagues to drive customer value. You strive to not only improve yourself, but also those around you.
- Detail-Oriented. With great power, comes great responsibility. That means we need to trust you to catch the details and not drop the ball.
- High-Wattage. You are smart, curious, and excited about digging in and moving fast.
- Get S*** Done. Youre motivated, dedicated, have excellent time management skills, and pay attention to details. You dont shy away from hard work in fact, you embrace it.
- Honorable. You do the right thing, and you treat others with respect.
- Naturally Curious: Ability to ask hard questions if it means helping a prospect.
- Fearless: You're able to face rejection and stay motivated.
- Career Development: Strong desire to learn as much as possible in the BDR role to promote into an AE role once skills are mastered.
A little about us and our benefits:
This position offers a base salary and commission. Crayon employees who demonstrate high performance and commitment will have the opportunity for career development and advancement within sales or other departments.
Crayon offers a competitive salary, equity, medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous paid parental leave, take-what-you-need paid time off, and an inclusive culture. Learn more about Crayons benefits.
Crayon is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives, because we know that the most successful teams are diverse teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.
Crayons competitive intelligence platform enables businesses to capture, analyze, and act on everything happening outside their four walls. Named an industry leader by Forrester and G2, Crayons software is trusted by hundreds of leading businesses to keep up with competitor information - external messaging and positioning, product and pricing changes, hiring plans, go-to-market strategies, and more. Crayons platform then helps businesses act on this information, increasing sales win rates, improving marketing performance, informing product strategies, and driving revenue.