Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up. We are re-envisioning and enhancing every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of exceptional, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets, spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
Now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here's why
- It's working. We're in multiple states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We're well backed & stable. We closed our $40M Series B fundraise. We are supported by some of the top investors globally, including Google's "Gradient" AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It's not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we're still early enough in the journey that there's time to make a real difference during Openly's formative period.
If you'd like to understand more about Openly's mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars.
Openly is looking for a Business Development Representative (BDR) responsible for generating new relationships with prospective agencies looking to sell Openly's homeowner product. This critical role's focus is to contact and develop relationships with potential agents while at the same time evaluating whether their business model aligns with Openly's value proposition and seamlessly transition the agency through the Openly appointment process.
Watch what our Independent Agent Partners have to say about working with Openly in this testimonial video. Opportunities to join a team like this don't come up often, so if this sounds right up your alley, then keep reading and join our ever-growing team!
- Receive inbound leads and initiate the agency appointment process by triaging the agency against Openly's appointment process
- Cultivate relationships with the potential agency partners by providing an overview of Openly and understanding how Openly can fit into their business model
- Be able to do discovery and attain key metrics about agency and their business
- Set up meetings between prospective agencies and the Openly business development managers (BDMs)
- Manage the pipeline of agent appointments by supplementing inbound leads with outbound email campaigns
- Build trust with agents by ensuring a seamless transition through the agency appointment process by adhering to Openly's standard processes and setting expectations with the agents
- Collaborate with the Openly marketing team to optimize acquisition marketing tactics that drive inbound leads and awareness of Openly
- 1+ years of outstanding sales performance with an ability to drive results and innovate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience with multiple sales techniques, including cold calling
- Consistent track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Passion for helping partner agencies
- Strong organizational, negotiation, and value-based selling skills
- A customer-centric mindset with the ability to quickly establish trust and credibility
- Insurance product knowledge and the ability to gather additional knowledge rapidly
- Proficiency with Microsoft and Google products along with experience working with a CRM
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Property & casualty insurance producer license, or the ability to get one within the first four weeks of employment
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, corporate bonus program, equity position in a startup company
- Company-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance plans, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, 401k with corporate contribution, and FSA plan
- Company-paid 12 weeks parental leave policy
- The company fully embraces the "work-from-anywhere" mentality, even before COVID restrictions.
- Paid Time Off
- Fun, fast-paced, startup environment
U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered.
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities under applicable law.