- Be primarily responsible for building / sourcing your own pipeline by outbound targeting CTOs and VP Engineering and demonstrating the ability for you (and Jellyfish) to add value with your touchpoints
- Interact with C-level and VP-level executives at companies ranging from start-ups to F500 companies, and be able to engage in both technical and business oriented conversations
- Work closely with Account Executive team on account strategy, messaging and persona-centric value propositions, qualification criteria, and overall deal-progress as BDR compensation has ties not just to pipeline sourced but Closed ARR as well
- Maintain strong relationships with prospects who do not immediately convert into pipeline as they will be a key network / source of pipeline for Jellyfish in the future
- You want to create a strong foundational knowledge for a long and successful career in SaaS sales
- You are passionate about learning, self-development, and enjoy being challenged
- You are a collaborative person who wants to go above and beyond in making those around you better, but also do not possess an ego that prevents you from learning from your peers and reaching out to them for help
- You are a competitive person who has a strong track record of success in whatever field or activity youve pursued and finish towards the top of the leaderboard
- You take pride in your work - from written communication, to sales calls, to the long-term relationships built with customers - you strive to put your best foot forward and avoid complacency wherever possible
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if:
- You have worked at a small startup before and loved it
- You have experience selling into the CTO / VPE / Director Engineering persona
- You are passionate about sales process or sales culture as all team members play a role in helping develop these at Jellyfish
- You have a sense of humor! We know sales is a hard job, and theres a lot of work to do to accomplish the lofty goals we have, but we also want to make work fun along the way.
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.