Title: Business Development Representative
EF Division: Explore America
Location: Cambridge, MA
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Start Date: October 2021
When you work in sales at EF, you play a vital role in evangelizing our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. We give every salesperson here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and cultivate our business. We onboard you, train you, and support you with comprehensive sales development programs and ongoing coaching from peers, dedicated trainers, and managers.
Whether your goal is to go from beginner to expert, or explore the world of sales for the first time, the Business Development Representative position is a fantastic opportunity to flex your sales muscles, acquire new skills and techniques, and create a foundation for a long-lasting sales career at EF.
- Initiate conversations with middle school and high school teachers to generate new business within a given territory through high volume phone calls and strategic outreach
- Qualify and manage a pipeline of self-generated leads
- Be fearless, focused, and excited to sell a product that truly changes students lives
- Help us maintain our rapid growth and become a market leader while raising the bar on the quality of the customer experience
Were looking for individuals who
- Are eager to expand or start your sales career in a role where you take ownership over your work
- Are self-motivated and committed to doing what it takes to be successful in sales
- Enjoy influencing others and are great at building relationships
- Have a student mentality and are dedicated to our inimitable sales process
- Dont subscribe to the phrase, Thats not my job.
- Nail the details and never lose sight of the big picture
- Have experience working in a sales, leadership, or customer-facing role
- Are passionate and ready to bring their A game each and every day
Why Youll Love Working Here::
As if changing teachers and students lives and making the world a better place isnt enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]). You can expect:
- Up to 45% growth in base pay in your first two years
- Paid travel to our domestic or international destinations or offices at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
EF Explore America, a division of EF Education First, is one of the largest providers of teacher-led student tours in North America. Students and teachers from all across the USA travel with us on tours throughout North America. Tours to Washington, D.C., New York City, and Boston have been our bread and butter for years, but we are growing rapidly in San Francisco, Puerto Rico, Chicago, Montreal, and elsewhere. From sales and marketing to operations and finance, our teammates are headquartered in Boston with a regional office in Washington, D.C., and presence in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and throughout Texas.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.