Office Tour Photos
Carbonite is looking for a self-starter to join our growing team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs). This is a great opportunity to start or grow your career in tech sales!
Our BDRs are responsible for answering all email inquiries and phone calls regarding our Data Protection offerings. You will play a key role in our success but educating customers, providing a great first point of contact for the customer experience, and helping to identify strong partnerships between Carbonite and the businesses that want to work with us.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
Your First Three Months
- Become fully acquainted with our culture, values, and environment
- Learn the full portfolio of endpoint products: O365, Carbonite Endpoint, Carbonite Safe, Webroot SA
- Understand the competitive market, who our prospects are, customer pain points and how to solve them
- Learn sales systems, processes, and best practices
- Gain a full understanding of how to effectively conduct customer discovery calls
- Make approximately 40 calls or 2 hours of talk time per day with efficient pipeline management
Three Months and Beyond
- Establish yourself as an expert in data protection and endpoint security
- Work with territory Account Executives to establish strong relationships and develop successful sales and marketing strategies
- Continue to prospect and generate leads, collaborating with your team to build best practices for this function
What will make you successful at Carbonite
- Passionate, professional, self-motivated, and accountable
- Resilient and persistent with a desire to advance your career in sales
- Self-directed with strong sense of personal ownership and accountability
- Detail-oriented with solid problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Strongly developed set of personal and professional ethics
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of business development or outbound sales experience
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us?
More Jobs From