Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the worlds leading manufacturers to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, manufacturers can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines and processes involved in production--all in a matter of days.
Manufacturers of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating industrial IoT (IIoT) technologies with legacy factory machines, and capturing and analyzing real-time production floor data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. It has been recognized as a MES Challenger on the Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. You can learn more and get started for free at Tulip.co.
Manager, Business Development
- Two to three years of SAAS experience in a business development and/or sales role with an eagerness and aptitude to begin/continue management career.
- Consistent top performer in business development/sales role.
- Experience as a team leader, participating in strategy development, hiring cycles, mentoring new hires, etc.
- Willingness to try new strategies and tactics, finding ways to measure success and implement change based on results.
- Comfortable using data insights to drive strategic direction.
- Familiarity with systems: SFDC, Outreach, Sales Navigator, Gong etc.
What skills do I need?
- Ability to train, coach and manage reps to expectation
- Excellent problem solving skills, see an issue and identify potential resolutions
- Time management: diagnose business critical matters and address first
- You will assist in the hiring, onboarding and training of internal business development representatives (Digital Advisors).
- You will coach, train & manage your team who are in charge of nurturing & qualifying leads for our sales force.
- You will share responsibility for the achievement of our lead generation targets together with Marketing and Sales.
- With your team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs), you will execute ABM campaigns across our key verticals and territories.
- You will support Field Sales with account-specific research and Sales-led demand generation tactics, support design and execution of win-back campaigns, qualify outbound opportunities and run pre- and post-event lead follow ups.
- You will manage workload within your team to maximise lead generation effectiveness.
- Your focus is on continuously improving BDR/ABM effectiveness through executing consistently against defined processes, keeping open feedback channels across the entire lead generation chain, developing capabilities and managing against challenging targets.
- Along with sales leadership, create outbound prospecting motion that encompasses both bottom up and top down approaches to create necessary pipeline to achieve sales goals.
- Drive the ongoing development of sales skills including inbound and outbound prospecting, qualification, objection handling, etc.
- Develop skills needed for individual career progression at Tulip, preparing successful reps for Account Executive roles.
Key Collaborators: Sales Leads, Marketing, Sales Reps, Head of Revenue
Working At Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.