About the role....
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Pharmaceutical Business Development leader to assess and create a new Inari business targeting this industry. This individual will spearhead efforts to leverage breakthrough Inari technology in both gene editing and computational design to identify the applications to pharma, create the business model, reach out to key partners and customers, and build the plan for this new business. The Business Development Director will leverage their scientific and business development expertise in the pharmaceutical industry, as well as their network of individuals within this industry, to partner with Inaris science team to validate and create this new business. This role will be based in Cambridge, MA and will report to the Chief Growth Officer.
As Business Development Director, Pharmaceutical, you will
- Partner with the Inari Science Pharmaceutical lead and the broader Science team to evaluate both the applications and viability of Inaris gene editing and computational design technologies against key pharma needs.
- Assess the range of potential business models, reflecting financial, legal, regulatory and organizational implications.
- Create a comprehensive business model recommendation that reflects the value of Inari technology and maximizes the financial opportunity while meeting the requirements of minimal organizational distraction from Inaris core agricultural operations. This recommendation will encompass both the strategic & financial requirements as well as the operational implications of such a business model (e.g. investors with a JV model.)
- Gain alignment among the leadership team for the recommended business model and lead business going forward, accountable for delivering financial targets and ensuring execution of customer agreements in partnership with Science Lead.
- Identify a target list of potential pharmaceutical customers, based on existing work completed by the Inari team but broadened by your experience, knowledge and relationships within the industry.
- Reach out to at least 12-15 pharmaceutical customers within the first 3-6 months, securing meetings with at least 8-10.
- Lead negotiations with pharma customers, partnering with the Science, Legal, Financial & Regulatory teams as part of this process, resulting in at least 1-2 term sheet agreements at 6 months.
- Partner closely with the Inari Leadership Team.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the cross-functional team accountable for assessing and delivering against this business opportunity.
- At least 10 years in a Business Development / Alliance Management role in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, bridging both the scientific needs and the business development process and requirements.
- An extensive network of relationships throughout the pharmaceutical industry in Business Development and Science.
- A clear understanding of the Alliance Management area.
- Knowledge of the Stage Gate process within pharmaceutical - both key needs by stage as well as requirements for technologies at each stage
- Experience working with the range of pharmaceutical partnership business models and negotiating partnership contracts within this industry
- Strong strategic and financial skills
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions.
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning.
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failure.
- A collaborative mindset that is open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedback.
- Ability to work both independently and deliver on responsibilities within a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse range of individuals and audiences.
More Jobs From