Device42 is the most comprehensive agentless discovery system for Hybrid IT available today. We give you accurate, comprehensive, and current insights into your computing environments to provide you the data you need to manage, transform, and optimize with confidence.
As the first person on the ground, the Business Development Manager will assume a player/coach role. To begin, the primary responsibility will be to qualify inbound leads and service outbound calling demand as it relates to our marketing events, programs and campaigns. This individual will uncover sales opportunities and set qualified meetings for the Account Executives in territories as assigned. You'll utilize new and existing sources of leads to contact prospects, via phone and email, to uncover, develop and qualify current and future initiatives, with the goal to develop pipeline/qualified sales opportunities for our Account Account Executives.
The ideal candidate is a high-energy individual with a proven track record of delivering results in a business development role, and demonstrate solid, professional sales and lead generation aptitude, skills and temperament. This individual is highly self-motivated, demonstrates successful cold call skills, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, a solid work ethic, and the ability/willingness to learn.
This position is based in our Boston office and reports to the CRO.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to achieve the defined business objectives.
- Be a partner to heads of Sales and Marketing and continuously evaluate and affect the team and goal performance.
- Upon receipt of inbound leads, perform the necessary qualification to create follow up meetings for the sales org
- Generate qualified leads through cold calling and other prospecting techniques, to a targeted database, and effectively transition them into strong sales opportunities for the external sales team
- Understand and effectively communicate the Device42 value proposition and targeted message
- Maintain an awareness of accounts and industries as part of general prospecting practices
- Proactively and effectively utilize Salesforce
- Meet or exceed assigned targets, while adhering to all company requirements
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years lead generation/inside sales/cold calling experience, preferably business-to-business/targeted accounts
- Track record of exceeding quotas against targets
- Dynamic, high energy, self-motivated, creative thinker
- Articulate, confident, and a personable team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience producing high daily call volumes
- Proven, proactive self-starter with the capability to take ownership and work effectively within assigned campaigns with limited amount of management supervision
- Prior experience with Discovery ToolsAbility to operate in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to conduct research as needed to navigate/maximize a campaign Proficient in Microsoft Office suite / Salesforce
With our HQ in West Haven, CT and expansion offices in Boston and Denver, were excited to continue consistent 100% year over year growth. Were a team of dedicated, innovative, and collaborative individuals building the solution for Hybrid IT environments.
More Jobs From