Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
As a Business Development Operations Lead at Applecart you will help improve and manage the processes that will contribute to the companys revenue growth. You will grow our business by maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of our growing business development team. You excel in high-energy environments and relish dealing with all the challenges that growth creates. You are extremely organized, pay close attention to every detail, and are always looking for ways to improve and streamline your work. You would join a talented team of political and public affairs strategists, data scientists, and data analysts who, together, impact elections, policy outcomes, and marketing for Applecarts high profile clients.
What Youll Do:
- Facilitate and optimize the sales lifecycle from lead identification --> prospecting --> pitching --> contracting --> to handing off the business to the client services team.
- Utilize and manage our CRM (Hubspot) system to track activity, manage sales contacts and opportunities, and pull revenue reports.
- Qualify and develop inbound and outbound sales leads.
- Contribute to the development of compelling and creative new sales strategies, packages, and offerings.
- Become an expert in Applecarts value proposition and product.
- Research and track developments in political news, public affairs, and the business world to find business development leads.
- Develop and maintain eye-catching marketing materials (decks, web content, case studies. etc.) that reflect a deep understanding of the companys product and resonate with potential clients.
Who You Are:
- 2-5 years of sales operations or related experience
- BA/BS from a four-year college or university in Political Science, Economics, International Affairs, Public Policy, Business, or a related field
- Prior work experience in an analytical or operations environment
- Experience using Hubspot or a similar CRM
- Ability and desire to help grow a new business line and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience producing intuitive, client-ready business memos and decks
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor
- History of being a self-starter