Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Business Analyst III (Product: Policy)
The Business Analyst III will work under minimal supervision while analyzing and designing new business processes. The Business Analyst III participates in documenting customer requirements to assist the development team in implementation.
- Works with the Business Architect and other stakeholders to assess current capabilities and identify high-level customer requirements.
- Elicits detailed product requirements and use cases, and develops and maintains the business requirements.
- Participates in transitioning the requirements and use cases to the technical team, and ensures a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Participates in quality management reviews as outlined in the Quality Management practice, in particular reviews of the designs, prototypes and other requirement work products.
- Translates requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product and user acceptance testing.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably in a similar role
- Experience interfacing with customers, including customer presentations
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience in requirements gathering, identifying gaps, estimating, implementation, test planning and execution, and User Acceptance Testing definition and execution
- Experience translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for assembly, product, and user acceptance testing
- Experience/knowledge of P&C Insurance software applications a plus
- Experience/knowledge of software development life cycle for P&C insurance software a plus
- Travel: 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.