As the worlds leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Budget Planning and Analysis Specialist
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Operations in Dattos Go-to-Marketing organization, we are looking for a high-energy, results-oriented Budget Planning and Analysis Specialist with experience performing a variety of transactions, analyses, and reports in support of budget processes. The position provides administrative budget support for functional Marketing and Business Development executives to manage reserve fund balances and produce plans against them, prepares budget and expenditure reports, and advises departments on appropriate steps to reconcile budgets. The position reviews budgetary documentation related to projects for appropriate justification and effectiveness. The position creates and runs queries on budget data for regular reports, prepares summaries for inclusion in year-end reports, and assembles ad hoc reports as requested by the various business stakeholders.
Does This Describe You:
Our ideal candidate holds a degree in Accounting, Finance, or data analytics and is familiar with accounting and budgeting processes. You should combine excellent numeracy skills with the ability to analyze and present complex data. To be successful in this role, you should be able to use critical thinking to create financial forecasts and make budgeting decisions. The role involves preparing budget reports, presenting recommendations to executives, and monitoring expenditure. This job is well suited to social people who have strong computer and problem-solving skills.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Collaborates with executives and functional team leads to develop a budget to increase profitability
- Evaluates and approves or rejects budget proposals and funding requests
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses to determine ROI value
- Determines whether budget proposals are in compliance with finance processes
- Defends budget recommendations and develops a final budgetary agreement with management
- Monitors spending to ensure it remains within budget
- Estimates and forecasts future financial need and supports programs with financial analytics
- Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met
- Forecasts and tracks financial results throughout the year to meet budget projections
- Organizes budget templates and data in a clear and intuitive manner
- Helps identify financial or operating risks associated with the execution of the contract or project
- Provides project summary status reports to management as required or requested
- Proven work experience (3+ years) as a Budget manager or analyst
- Knowledge of Google Sheets and MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts), Salesforce, and Google Connectors required
- Ability to develop and manage standards and processes
- Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis
- Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or data analysis
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.