Who We Are: The Brand Development team is responsible for catapulting Wayfair into the leading destination for all things home by building and evolving customer recognition and attachment to our brands, across all Wayfair stores, geographies, and our extended family of brands. This role is focused on driving the brand experience for our fastest growing customer segment, Wayfair Professional (B2B), with a specific focus on building brand leadership within the B2B Office and Education verticals.
What Youll Do: Reporting into the head of B2B Content and Onsite Marketing, you will have the incredible opportunity to drive the onsite content and brand strategy for the B2B Office and Education verticals. Immediate responsibilities include building a brand roadmap and quarterbacking our first-ever, office-specific brand campaigns that will help lay the foundation for Wayfair Professional to become a brand leader in the commercial office space. Additional responsibilities include testing new content franchises and product curations, identifying potential brand partnerships, and managing our everyday communications strategy and execution for these target verticals.
Bringing the Wayfair Professional brand to life on and off site will require close partnership with a wide network of Creative, Marketing, Merchandising, Category Management, and Sales partners. As such, this is a highly visible role that requires a charismatic leader and influencer, capable of mobilizing a wide variety of internal teams and levels - from junior copywriters to the head of B2B - towards a common goal. It also means that you must be comfortable navigating ambiguity in a dynamic, high-growth environment, setting a vision while also rolling up your sleeves, and being a fierce advocate and brand steward with senior leadership and cross-functional peers.
- Set the vision for our onsite content and brand strategy for the B2B Office and Education verticals across the US and CA
- Develop a communications calendar that supports all channels (site, marketing & sales) and balances key promotional moments (i.e. monthly clearances, major shopping holidays) with relevant education and inspirational content
- Oversee the everyday communications calendar strategy and execution, including ensuring we have the appropriate onsite assets, imagery, and landing pages ahead of campaign/ content launches
- Galvanize and mobilize a large internal network to secure channel buy-in so that our brand messaging is consistent across all site and marketing touchpoints
- Partner with the B2B Training and Communications team to educate and arm our sales force with brand messaging and customer-facing collateral
- Stay abreast of market and competitor trends and tactics (including messaging, content, assortment approach, etc.) to help inform any shifts in our communications plans
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with key leaders and cross-functional partners (Creative, Marketing, PR, Category Management) to drive action and realize goals
Who You Are:
- Proven innovator who can set both a compelling vision and motivate teams to action
- Effective collaborator who can quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- Passionate about and instinct for brand and content; you ground the teams thinking (direct and cross-functional) in whats best for the brand and customer
- Well-rounded thinker who gets excited to use both the left and right brain
- Expert at prioritization, you can evaluate needs of multiple stakeholders and make decisions as to which initiatives are (and are not) critical to the business and achieving brand leadership
- Dynamic leader who is a respected mentor of and champion for the core team, leading by example and rolling up your sleeves to get stuff done
What Youll Need:
- 5+ years experience in ecommerce, consumer marketing, or brand management preferred
- Able to pivot quickly and deliver against targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Creative sensibility and appreciation, meaning that you can confidently articulate your objective to a Creative team and then effectively react to their work
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor communication style based on audience or channel
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills; collaborative team player who wants to see themselves and others thrive
- Proven track record of ownership and project management with measurable results
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.