829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. Our projects and team members have received recognition from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and more. We're proud to be working with Stanley Black & Decker, OARS, Micato Safaris, Hilton Hotels, AOA Adventures, Leave No Trace and many more.
Were looking for a Web Developer who will work closely alongside our in-house team of designers, strategists and producers to build and maintain large-scale, award-winning websites. If developing Awwwards-worthy code for a variety of cool companies makes you excited, were the perfect spot for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with an in-house team of designers, project managers, and digital strategists to take websites and applications from concept to working product for a variety of clients across multiple industries.
- Communicate ideas clearly and in a manner that can be understood by clients and non-techie personnel.
- Help address various types of client requests ranging from bug fixes to functionality or feature enhancements for existing websites.
- Install, customize and maintain CMS platforms along with plug-ins and 3rd-party applications.
- Help refine and define 829 Studios processes and workflows.
- Working knowledge of popular CMS platforms such as WordPress and Drupal
- Ability to work within custom theme and plugin development (no theme builders), and Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- Experience developing front end web sites and applications using HTML5, CSS3, SASS, PHP, and ES6
- Strong grasp of media queries and responsive design
- Familiarity with UNIX infrastructure
- Familiarity with a version control system (we use Git) and deployment procedures
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision and Sketch for extracting graphical assets
- Strong problem-solving skills (troubleshooting & research)
- Previous experience working as a freelancer developer or part of a development team at a small to midsize agency
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of web architecture, including HTTP servers, DNS routing and management, SSH, databases (SQL), and misc. hosting platforms
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as React, AngularJS, and/or Vue
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- Build Scripts (Gulp, Webpack)
- eCommerce tools such as WooCommerce
- Experience in following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- Experience reading, deciphering and implementing third party REST APIs
- 1-3 years minimum work experience
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities within project deadlines
- Ongoing flexibility and willingness to learn a variety of tasks
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast. We offer a fully paid family lunch and breakfast once per week.
More Jobs From