Office Tour Photos
Desktop Metal is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. Our mission is to make additive manufacturing accessible to all engineers, designers and manufacturers. In doing so, we believe we will empower businesses to adopt radical, new approaches to design and production and enable businesses to realize the promise of additive manufacturing across a breadth of vertical markets.
Desktop Metal is located in Burlington, MA - a short 30 minute drive from Boston. We are now going public via a business combination with TRNE and have previously raised $438 million from investors including Google, BMW, NEA, KPCB and GE. Join us and our talented team of engineers, materials scientists, and startup veterans as we change the way products are designed and produced using additive manufacturing.
A new venture in 3d printed wood for architecture, interior design and emerging automotive applications is looking for an experienced wood finisher to be part of a growing production team. The company uses 3D printing to make unique products from sawdust using 3d printing for markets worldwide.
The role will involve development of wood finishing processes for 3d printed wooden objects for a variety of interior and exterior applications. In addition, the right person will be trained to operate state of the 3d printing equipment for the production of high-quality wooden objects.
- Certificate or greater qualification in woodworking or carpentry with an emphasis on wood finishing is required.
- An ability to apply traditional wood finishing techniques and develop new techniques to nontraditional manufacturing is essential.
- Knowledge of joinery, carpentry, design and digital design software and computer operated machinery a plus.
- Hands on capability.
- Knowledge and skill in the application of resins, lacquers, shellacs, varnishes and stains to wood.
- Knowledge of joinery and carpentry
- Knowledge in the operation of computer-controlled equipment used in CNC milling, laser cutting and 3d printing.
- Good verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Ability to make responsible decisions.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and organization.
- Vigilance in maintaining a safe working environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs.
- Understanding of the companys goals for growth, sales and profitability.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
The workplace will be fast paced with a dynamic and changing product mix. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a small team, can quickly learn new skills and enjoy a growing and changing work environment. We need a person who is focused on high quality craft and who is comfortable with collection and reporting of production data.
More Jobs From