829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. Our projects and team members have received recognition from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and more. We're proud to be working with Stanley Black & Decker, OARS, Micato Safaris, Hilton Hotels, REI, Leave No Trace and many more.
As a Website Production & Quality Assurance Specialist, you possess a passion for collaboration, problem-solving and using technology to produce world-class websites. Youre familiar with how websites are built and have an eye for catching bugs while producing great-looking web page layouts. Youre comfortable working and communicating with cross-functional teams including strategy, design and development. To succeed, you should be both a creative and technical advocate who can problem-solve in the most efficient way possible.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the website quality assurance and launch preparation process. Review websites for technical bugs, layout issues, performance optimizations and overall quality. Clearly articulate your findings within our project management systems, assign to the appropriate personnel, and ensure completion of tasks. Interpret client requests in order to route them accordingly.
- Assist with gathering specs and validating the work of web team members. Work as a conduit between our design, UX and development teams to create and validate development guides, including functional requirements. Raise awareness about SEO, WCAG compliance, and other foundational components of websites.
- Produce WordPress websites. Manage individual pages, construct menu/navigation systems, and integrate plugins. Ideally, you are a WordPress guru who knows all of the ins-and-outs of producing WordPress sites. We also occasionally use Drupal as a CMS platform.
- Prioritize resources. Manage internal, partner and client-side development teams. Prioritize tasks and projects to keep them on time and on budget. Set up and manage necessary touchpoints between teams such as stand-ups, status, and hours review.
- Improve the process. Contribute to the development of methodologies, standards and best practices to streamline processes and create efficiencies for the production of digital work.
What You Won't Be Doing
- Visually designing websites. You should have a working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products and/or Sketch, but you will not be expected to design websites or interfaces. We have an in-house design team that will drive the creative direction and create assets when needed.
- Coding websites. This position does not require extensive development/coding expertise, but you should be experienced writing technical documentation and tasks for developers. We have an in-house development team that can help when things get technical you just need to know enough to troubleshoot and communicate to the appropriate team member.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least five years of experience in a full-service digital agency as a Project Manager, Developer, Producer or comparable role is required. While we will consider candidates with in-house experience, an agency background is preferred.
- Experience in the full life-cycle of a website build, including outlining functional specifications, scheduling cross-functional teams, QA, bug resolution, and deployment.
- A firm understanding of how websites are built using waterfall and agile processes, and the awareness to assign responsibilities and route tasks accordingly.
- Comfort using project management tools and spreadsheets.
- The ability to problem-solve, confidently make decisions and lead projects with empathy and authority.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast. We offer a fully paid family lunch and breakfast once per week.
More Jobs From