At Buildium, our vision is to create a 100-year company with a mission of helping small businesses succeed. That starts with creating an extraordinary experience that yields some of the proudest and most engaged customers and employees anywhere. We can't build that without a beautiful, conversion-crushing website. That's why we need you!
Heres what were looking for:
You value the beauty of a well-crafted user experience and geek out when the quant gives you learnings you can build on. Your night-time reading includes the latest hacks and tricks of the trade - and one of your deepest passions is testing to drive results. Youve managed website strategy and roadmaps several times over, and youve learned that the site is not only a prospects first deep brand experience, but its also an opportunity to build on your loyal customer base. You can easily balance a mix of strategy and service delivery, project management is second nature, and delivering value is simply in your DNA. Youre not sure if you identify more as a marketer or an engineer, but it doesnt really matter because you understand and appreciate the value that each brings to the table.
Maybe were biased, but heres why applying to this role is the best decision youll make:
In this role, youll straddle marketing, engineering, and design; and be the driver of our website strategy while aligning teams around execution - and will work closely with our head of engineering and our head of marketing. We play in a unique space - the MRR of B2B, but volume of consumer markets means youll be able to easily quantify the impact of all of the decisions you're making. Youll become part of an amazing culture thats uniquely backed with a 15-year foundation of brand, experience, and knowledge.
If that wasnt enough...Weve been an Inc 500 Fastest Growing Company for 6 years, have been voted a 2019 best place to work by BBJ, won the MITX Innovation Award for Customer Experience, have a Glassdoor rating of 4.5+, (the list goes on).
If this sounds as amazing as we think it is...we really look forward to meeting you!
- In partnership with Marketing, lead Web Strategy, vision, and the projects that lead to success, including overseeing the creation of an intuitive, engaging, brand-compliant Web experience
- Drive alignment on core web metrics, and define, measure and report out to key stakeholders on a regular cadence.
- Define clear, hypothesis-driven tests to meet overall business and stakeholder needs, build a plan and roadmap for execution as well as track and regularly report out on the performance of tests to key stakeholders.
- Drive collaborative relationships between the Marketing, Engineering, Product, and Project Stakeholders and communicate regular project updates to stakeholders and ensure the impact is understood.
- Create and deliver user based web experiences that align to overall business goals and ensure on-time Web Strategy project delivery excellence while complying with all internal standards.
- Request and analyze reports and site strategy recommendations to the business on site trends/performance/success metrics and track ongoing progress overtime.
- Provide expert guidance to internal teams on web, business and technical issues.
- Ensure ongoing editorial calendar/maintenance process for project area is in place for post-launch ongoing success.
- Keep project momentum and morale strong, escalating risks and issues to VP of Marketing and Head of Engineering for resolution.
- Self-starter and subject matter expert on web strategy and the web build process
- A desire to create high concept and beautifully crafted online content
- 8+ years of web marketing/web strategy hands-on experience
- 8+ years of experience leading large and complex technical web projects
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and maintain strong partnerships to influence outcomes
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with team members and customers
- Project and time management excellence
- Some experience in writing technical specifications
- SEO knowledge a plus
- Business-user level exposure and understanding of web technologies (eg. HTML,CSS, XHTML, PHP, Java, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, JSP, and XML)
Benefits and Perks
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Parental leave
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch Thursdays
- Ping Pong, Foosball, etc
- Free snacks
Buildium is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.