Office Tour Photos
~ Please note: this co-op is a full-time position beginning in July 2020 and continuing through December 2020 ~
The Web Developer Co-op or Intern is an important member of the Web and Creative Team and supports the development, maintenance, and updates of the Imprivata corporate websites. We are looking for someone to contribute to front-end development and theming as well as back-end/module development of the Imprivata corporate websites. This position requires a combination of programming skills (PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, etc.), aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, the color and font choices, and so on), and problem-solving (how to reach the end goals efficiently and effectively). A strong grasp of and interest in web development trends and content management systems is preferred, as well as an understanding of responsive and adaptive design and development. In addition, familiarity with the entire web development process, from design through quality assurance, is helpful. The co-op or intern will work directly with members of the Web and Creative team and be exposed to external development resources. Imprivata is a fast-paced, high-energy company creating top tier technology solutions for the healthcare industry. This is a great opportunity to gain real, hands-on experience in custom web development for a corporate CMS platform.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating the Imprivata websites (.com, .intl, .co.uk, .de, .fr, .nl) using Drupal CMS
- Help formulate an effective responsive design and turn it into a working theme
- Work closely with front and back-end developers and the Web team to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new features and functionality
- Help establish and guide the websites architecture, ensure high-performance and availability, and manage technical aspects of the CMS.
- Perform quality assurance of your own work and that of others, including code testing, cross browser testing, big fixes, code review, etc.
- Website code optimization
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree (or recent graduate) in Web Development or related discipline with a 3.0 GPA minimum.
- Strong knowledge of today's website standards and attention to detail, standards, and best practices
- The ability to hand-write HTML and debug most types of code
- Experience with CMS (we use Drupal, but Wordpress or similar is a great start)
- The desire and excitement to learn and implement new technologies and work on large-scale websites
- Prior coding experience required.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g. Requirements, Design, Development, Testing)
- Prior relevant intern experience in a professional setting, preferably technology
- Well-developed analysis and problem-solving skills and the willingness to dig in and find solutions
- Strong belief in seeking efficient ways to achieve results and the ability to learn from the work to inform the work
- Effective organization and project management skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and XD
- Reliable transportation
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From