Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Were looking for a Web Designer with exceptional design skills to join our growing team. The ideal candidate must have experience following the latest standards for creating highly usable and intuitive interactive websites. They will design and build web user interfaces in HTML/CSS, work collaboratively in an Agile environment, and have a proven track record in shipping products.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing visual UI elements and style systems
- Building page navigation
- Developing UI mockups (in design tools) and prototypes (in code) that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Making the best use of the web platform and web browser capabilities
- Creating original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Preparing and presenting rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Crafting clean, well-structured HTML and CSS to bring your designs to life
- Receiving code reviews from others, and perform code reviews on HTML and CSS written by others
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conducting layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhering to and contribute to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Being encouraged to bring your dog to the office regularly - we all want to meet him or her!
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience, as well as a minimum of 5 years of experience in interactive web design, as evidenced by an up-to-date portfolio.
- 3+ years of work experience as a Web Designer, UI/UX Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Experience with rapid prototyping using tools such as Zeplin, InVision, Adobe XD, or Sketch, experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Enjoys being a member of a product engineering team collaborating with other designers and engineers
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Working knowledge of PHP is preferred but not necessary
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
More Jobs From