Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North Americas fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
You are a hardworking UI/UX web designer with a passion for creating intuitive user experiences. You have an impeccable eye for clean and attractive design. You possess superior UI/UX skills and are able to translate high-level marketing requirements into interaction flows and then transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional web pages. In this role, youll wear many hats and will be responsible for managing a collaborative web design process by partnering with brand creative and development team members to design pages that align with Acquias brand and optimize front and back-end development work.
Collaborating with the Senior Director of Digital Marketing,, this role will partner with Web Ops within the Digital Marketing team and the Brand Creative team within the Marketing organization to support efficient development processes and to ensure branded designs are consistent across all Acquia web properties. By working collaboratively within the Digital team, this role will this focus on user experience and conversion and play a role in analyzing website performance to inform A/B testing, find opportunities for usability and accessibility enhancements, partner with development to ensure designs support the development of reusable, high-performance UI code, and develop optimization strategies for improving user experience, as measured by user engagement metrics like click-through-rates, page depth, conversions, etc.
- Develop the detailed specifications for screen layouts, along with html and CSS code that is cross platform compatible using tools like Figma or Sketch (Figma preferred).
- Work collaboratively to drive wireframe optimization and development for new and existing site pages. Ensure that optimizations drive conversion funneling, user engagement and improve UX. Exhibit a commitment to data-based decision making, as informed by A/B testing and analytics.
- Use proven user-centric-design methodologies to identify and define targeted audience segments, their goals, tasks and criteria for success. Aid in creating a navigational structure and interface requirements to support the task and information needs of the end user.
- Drive cross-device and browser usability optimizations, with a solid focus on tablet and mobile.
- Work cross-functionally to inform project timelines, manage the development process and QA process, and to ensure workflow efficiency is maintained and optimized within project management tools (JIRA, Asana, etc.).
- Effectively communicate with technical teams, multi-functional teams, and staff at all levels of the organization including both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Efficiently conduct meetings and facilitate working sessions with all levels of staff and across various partner groups.
- Play a key role in analyzing reports in Google Analytics and website optimization tracking tools (i.e. Decibel) to inform navigation and landing page optimization.
- 3+ years of validated working experience designing websites, with a focus on user experience and optimization.
- Major in UI/UX / Web Design or related field.
- Solid understanding of responsive design, usability, and cross-browser compatibility concerns.
- Exhibit strong decision making skills, with the ability to negotiate/balance decisions and priorities across functions based on the scope of development for a given project.
- Demonstrate strong evidence of algorithmic and structured thinking, with a focus on driving data-based decisions. Experience working with Google Analytics. Google Data Studio a plus. Some experience with digital experience analytics tools like Decibel, Full Story or Hotjar preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills with a consistent attention to detail. Ability to keep organized and detail oriented, while leading different projects with many moving parts.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-pace, deadline driven, growth-oriented organization.
- Demonstrated sense of ownership. Self-motivated individual with a passion for finding opportunities for driving optimization.
- Extensive experience working with web design tools like Sketch or Figma. Figma strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of A/B testing, content optimization, website analytics and personalization.
- Working knowledge of content management systems, Drupal preferred.
- Working understanding of UI/UX standard methodologies in terms of enabling developers to write reusable, high-performance UI code.
- Experience with modern programming languages such as C, C++, Java, or Python.
- Drupal experience, used to create responsive web pages for mobile, tablet and desktop.
- Experience working with Google Analytics Reporting.
- Working knowledge of SEO, with a focus on technical SEO optimizations.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA and Asana.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.