Web Application Developer Intern/Co-Op
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. Were driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, were able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs?Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And were searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 400 employees across 9 U.S. offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of Fastest Growing Companies, 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
Looking for an exciting way to step into the digital marketing world? Of course you are. Why else would you be here? Well, Rightpoint is looking for some help from smart, energetic developers just like you. Are you interested? Well, you need to make sure that youre a detail oriented person whos confident handling multiple activities all while smiling, not whining. This is a great (and we mean great) opportunity to gain hands on experience in marketing with an emerging leader in interactive web development. Our Interns & Co-Ops work directly with senior level professionals not down in some boiler room removed from the important stuff. As mentors, we offer an invaluable opportunity to gain exposure to all facets of our business we work hard and we play hard. And well expect you to do both. Well. We are looking for someone who can pick up an idea and run with it. In the interest of full disclosure, some administrative tasks may be required. But youll live. Work will be dynamic and challenging. Bring your passion and energy and be rewarded by ours.
- Creating quality source code
- Ensuring solution performance
- Maintaining quality revisions and change control
- Verifying solutions meet business objectives
- Interacting closely with project managers and other developer team members
- Understanding timelines, analyzing dependencies and raising red flags as necessary
- Contributing to shared source code repositories
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced, team environment
- Selfstarter with strong capacity for multitasking
- Strong development skills, preferably with webbased technologies
- Experience with ObjectOriented Programming
- ASP.NET / C# experience a plus
Course work or job experience with the following web technologies:
We love what we do. And working together. Were united in our mission to make great work every day, and we believe in taking care of our own. Thats why we offer a supportive environment with plenty of opportunities to work on interesting projects, grow your career and have fun while doing it.
Come be a part of the team today!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + paid holidays
- Casual dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we mirror their dress code)
- Flexible work schedule
- Great health coverage
- 401k with company matching
- Regular happy hours and social events including: game nights, basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Volunteering opportunities with the Compassion Club
- Open office environment
- Continuous training, certifications, and learning opportunities(because were always hungry for more)
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visitwww.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an Employment Authorized result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.