Wayfair Talent Acquisition Internship – Spring 2019
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for customers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more.
We are always looking for imaginative, analytical, and adaptable people to join our home team immediately!Youll find a dynamic atmosphere where learning and growth opportunities are abundant, and hard work and results are rewarded. Were a diverse community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Every voice and all perspectives matter. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At Wayfair, you can explore your potential outside of the classroom and take the lead on high-impact projects. Youll find autonomy, mentorship, and development opportunities in an open and collaborative environment. If youre looking for a challenging and fulfilling career, make yourself at home.
Wayfair is seeking analytical, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented candidates for an immediate Internship. These individuals will demonstrate their communication and persuasion skills, quantitative mindset, and will execute strategic and cross-functional projects. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to enter the tech or talent space for the first time or those seeking a new challenge to accelerate the growth of our business.
Wayfairs Talent Acquisition team drives the strategic roadmap and execution for how we attract, develop, and retain Wayfairs workforce of nearly 17,000 global employees. Every day we work with key stakeholders across the organization to help Wayfair remain a leader in e-commerce through Wayfairs most important asset: its people. Associates in Talent Acquisition work across the business to elevate our workforce and drive results by:
- Using strong consultative skills to partner with cross-functional stakeholders on challenges related to hiring, development, and engagement of Wayfairs workforce.
- Using creative skills to drive innovative approaches to recruiting and process improvements that better support our people.
- Using data to inform decisions around hiring and procedures around hiring.
- Communicating effectively with key partners and stakeholders such as business leaders and hiring managers.
- Exercising strong organizational skills to manage a range of solutions to human capital challenges.
The Organizations you will support within Talent Acquisition:
Merchandisings two larger teams, Merchandising Operations and Site Merchandising, fall under the over-arching Merchandising and North America Retail department. With ownership over Wayfairs e-commerce catalog comprised of over 10 million+ SKUs, the merchandising teams are passionate about improving the customer and supplier experience when interacting with our site. Members of this organization use data from multiple sources in order to synthesize it into compelling future vision and related action plans.
North American Retail
North American Retail is a part of our larger Merchandising and North America Retail department that encompasses teams such as Buying, Category Management, Lifestyle & Exclusive Brands, Promotions, and many more. This Organization drives the strategic roadmap and execution for businesses that can range from furniture or dcor to brands such as AllModern and Joss & Main.
- Strong academic record
- Desire to win and drive collaboration cross functionally
- Passion for the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable learning data analysis tools
- Ability to hit the ground running- a confident self-starter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior and innovative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to thrive as part of a team or individually
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Positive, energetic attitude, sense of humor
- Willingness to be flexible and take responsibility for multiple tasks as necessary
- Experience in Excel is a strong plus