Office Tour Photos
B2B Sales Trainer
Wayfair is seeking a Sales Trainer to be based in our Boston, MA office. This position will play an important role in supporting all aspects of the B2B sales functions, working as part of the Wayfair B2B Team. The Sales Trainer will partner with Sales Leadership to determine sales training priorities to ensure the highest impact. This includes training facilitation, partnering with subject matter experts and building new content for sales skills areas. This individual will support various training programs, including new hire onboarding, ongoing up-skill training, and advanced sales skill training for Business Account Managers (BAMs) who work on our Retention team.
The Sales Trainer will also participate in coaching and manager development as well as other training as dictated by business needs. The Trainer will collaborate with both on site and larger department leadership to identify additional training requirements for both more and less tenured BAMs across all segments of the business. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in sales, sales enablement and project management with experience in curriculum development. This creative, self-starting candidate should have top-notch facilitation skills and the ability to work well with and gain the respect of the sales team members.
What You'll Do
- Identify training needs, developing materials and training staff. Includes initial orientation and new hire training, ongoing up-skill training, advanced sales skill training for BAMs who are more tenured sales people and project-specific training. Primary audience will be BAM team members and managers, but may include other B2B support employees as needs dictate.
- Manage and monitor ongoing employee training to ensure courses are completed in a timely manner, tracked for completion and measured for ROI
- Partner with existing Boston Sales Trainer, Sr. Training Manager and B2B Development Manager to identify actionable training needs of new (< 6 months) and tenured (> 6 months) Managers
- Design, develop and update training materials for classroom, e-learning and online use
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
What You'll Need
- Experience in training and enablement with a demonstrated track record of successfully executing advanced sales training and onboarding programs.
- Prior experience as a trainer in a classroom setting of a sales center with demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills before large groups
- 2+ years sales experience working with B2B customers
- 2+ years training experience
- Proficient in delivering sales productivity tools and CRM training (Salesforce), instructional design methods, Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills and flexibility to adjust to frequent changes in training priorities and schedules to accommodate business needs
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer
More Jobs From