Waterfront Manager - Assistant Coach
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
Join a fast-paced startup remaking the fitness industry by ensuring the production of live rowing video content for our workout library by supporting all the essential functions for live broadcasting and assisting in supporting the advancement of all rowing at Hydrow.
The primary role of the Waterfront Manager-Assistant Coach (WM) is to ensure all logistics and equipment are in good working order as well as improving the quality of rowing performance including, but not limited to, quality control for on film rowing; remote site filming; elite sculling development; national and international racing; and the creation of an athlete-focused training environment that allows for productive work and productive training simultaneously. Hydrow implements an Agile production process to evaluate, iterate, and implement change on a rapid cycle basis.
The WM will work closely with the entire Hydrow content production team. The role will report to the Production Manager and Chief Coach and will be based in Cambridge (May - October) and Miami Beach (November - April) with additional location travel expected.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ensure safe operation of all filming and rowing on- and off-water activities
- Create a safe and efficient environment that fosters outstanding film work and outstanding training
- Learn and perform the skills essential to the production of live workouts
- Problem solve under the pressure of timetables for live filming
- Assist in transport/travel of all rowing equipment
- Lead the rowing competency of the assigned production unit
- Support all facets of elite sculling development and performance of Hydrow athletes
- Maintain condition of all rowing equipment and facilitate any necessary repairs
- Collaborate closely with an on water team that includes multiple members - Director, Producer, Production Assistant, and talent - required to successfully complete daily episodes of Hydrow
Assist in the coordination of film, marketing and training activities
- Liaison between on site rowing activities and Hydrow company objectives
- Other tasks and duties as assigned and agreed to
- Tremendous enthusiasm to share the sport of rowing with a broad spectrum of people
- Ability to function well under pressure and make challenging decisions on tight timelines
- Strong ability and desire to learn new skills and create and foster teams dedicated to transforming rowing through both film and elite sculling development
- CPR certification for personnel safely
- Current driver’s license
- Boater Safety License (or willingness to acquire)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more
- Enjoys working on the water in a team environment
- Flexibility with schedule and travel
- Experience driving trailers preferred
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
REPORTS TO: Production Manager and Chief Coach
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth as it begins shipping nationwide May 2019, starting with nearly 1,000 early backers who purchased Hydrows through Indiegogo this past fall.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.