Piaggio Fast Forward is looking for a self-starting, highly organized, process-improvement focused manager to drive operational efficiencies at our manufacturing facility and warehouse. The warehouse manager will have day-to-day responsibility for maintaining and running the warehouse and logistics operations as well as responsibilities to be forward-thinking and contribute to our ongoing operational improvements by improving processes, improving the facility and equipment, and by feeding back necessary changes to the Operations team.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for coordinating the daily distribution activities in order to meet customer satisfaction, cost, quality, safety and continuous improvement objectives.
- Manage a team of two direct reports involved in Inventory and Shipping/Receiving
- Maintain all shipping schedules and deliveries for outbound and inbound shipments; including but not limited to scheduling daily pick, pack, and shipping of sales orders to meet customer delivery dates, and planning and coordination of raw material deliveries to support production dates.
- Provide timely and accurate inventory reporting to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local warehousing and material handling requirements as well as international regulations regarding export/import of goods to various countries and air cargo regulations regarding transport of hazardous materials. This includes not only monitoring and training programs, but also processes for ensuring adherence to the regulations.
- Drive and support continuous improvement activities using LEAN tools and techniques.
- Identify and create process improvements in our warehouse facilities
- Be a subject matter expert in the organizations ERP and warehouse management/optimization systems.
- Other tasks as needed.
- 3 years experience Minimum 3 years experience in warehousing operations, shipping, receiving and/or inventory control.
- Education; Associate Degree acceptable however 4-year degree preferred equivalent in business, operations, logistics or related field
- Forklift Certification and experience with different types of lifts.
- Experience with FTL, LTL, and parcel logistics.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Intelligent, consultative approach to managing ongoing improvement efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to supervise a diverse team 1 year experience preferred
- Proven experience leading and managing process improvement; Ability to perform root cause analysis, provide solutions, and drive improvements with your team.
- Ability to create, train, and follow SOPs
- Detail oriented
- Six Sigma or similar qualifications preferred
- International shipping experience
- Experience in shipping Dangerous Goods cargo
More Jobs From