As a VP, Sales (Telco/ISP/Carriers), you will be responsible for leading a team that builds and manages a portfolio of clients to expand upon our fast-growing business in the B2B2C security space. We expect you to have in-depth knowledge of and past experience and relationships in the Telco/ISP/Carrier vertical, as well as a credible network to support initial sales meetings and the build-up of your team’s pipeline. As this is a relationship-focused position in a high-touch, high-impact world. The role requires extensive travel and networking to engage potential clients once safe to do so.
You will oversee the strategic sales activities for your team’s portfolio, targeting senior executives and key decision-makers at brand-name Telco/ISP companies across the U.S., while driving the execution of business development initiatives. With an eye on balancing short-term revenue generation efforts with long-term sustainable growth, you will work with our team to develop effective sales tactics to strategically grow our business.
To be successful in the role, you will be a superb people leader, an involved relationship manager, a compelling thought leader, and a proud team player.
A Flexible Talent model means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Aura is authorized to do business. Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences. Aura is authorized to do business throughout the U.S., but not in all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Aura is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Aura is registered.
- A proven track record of selling B2B2C products and solutions to senior level and C-Suite executives in the Telco/ISP industry, with a thorough understanding of both “sell-to” and “sell-through.”
- Demonstrated familiarity with all major functions of the Telco/ISP organizational value chain, including strong insight into the organizational value chain and their financial structures(P&L and balance sheets)
- Respected thought leader for concepts, trends, and emerging technologies in the consumer software space, ideally in security
- Experience selling and negotiating complex Enterprise deals
- Exceptional social skills and leadership abilities, able to collaborate with diverse groups, and persuade, influence, and encourage their peers
- A keen understanding of businesses from end to end, and the ability to match value propositions to specific Telco/ISP client needs
- The ability to enable prospects and drive understanding through a combination of hard analytical skills and interpersonal excellence
- Commercial creativity and the entrepreneurial spirit to close sales prospects effectively while preserving profitability
- Familiarity with CRM applications, and proficiency with presentation tools
- We are seeking ambitious and driven sales leaders who thrive in a high-energy environment, and who are excited by the opportunity to stake their claim in a fast-growing sector and business
- You are a business leader with sales urgency and not just a sales leader
- You are a self-starter and never wait for direction – you own the process and outcome and willing to roll your sleeves up when needed
- You drive relationships and opportunities forward
- You thrive in ambiguity and fast-paced environments
- You mentor and coach your team members and colleagues to achieve higher levels of performance
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years of proven experience in driving highly scalable partnerships
- Solid understanding of the digital privacy and security market, as well as the competitive offerings
- History of quota over-achievement
- Must have a proven track record in developing businesses with 3rd party organisations and building comprehensive GTM sales plans
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset towards building a strategic set of partners