About the Role
The VP - Sales Development role provides leadership and direction to the new business team to ensure attainment of revenue and business goals. This role will be responsible for growing demand through outbound and inbound outreach by building, training, and managing a large, high performing team of, Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) to ensure our Account Executives (AEs) have enough pre-qualified, pipeline opportunities to meet/ exceed their enterprise sales targets. Working with the senior team, the VP, Sales Development creates and executes a successful, strategic, business development plan for profitability and growth.
Build a high-performing, diverse, sales & business development team to support hyper-growth/scale of organization. Articulate ideas, delegate, direct, motivate, counsel, and train SDRs to succeed. Drive achievement of revenue goals on behalf of Validity.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead new sales development/business development efforts; effectively build and manage sales development teams in meeting revenue and business goals.
- Develop/drive the sales development, inside sales, and prospecting strategy for the SDR team. Track/measure and assess SDR performance, motivate team members to exceed goals through coaching and incentives. Ensure optimal organization to meet new business and client needs.
- Partner effectively with marketing and AEs to execute cross-functional enterprise demand generation in key prospect accounts.
- Ensure sales accepted opportunities are sourced in accordance with company targets in key prospects/accounts, and that our AEs have enough opportunities to work with to be fully productive inbound and outbound.
- Provide insight and direction on market trends & competition. Adjust outreach cadences to ensure continual improvement and up-to-date messaging, by buyer persona and by industry.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- Minimum of 8 years of sales development and general management experience with a track record of success in the execution of B2B sales campaigns, initiatives and demonstrated success working with high-performing sales/business development teams. Prior success managing an SDR team in selling SaaS or subscription-based technology in a hyper-growth/high-transaction sales organization.
- A high degree of professionalism & integrity coupled with a strong work ethic and demonstrated respect for others.
- Superior leadership skills coaching, motivation, development, and mentorship.
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal, active listening, and negotiation.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and productivity skills.
- Ability to collaborate with others across role levels and job functions.
- Proven track record managing individuals and teams to achieve (exceed!) quota.
- Proficiency in strategic selling principles and tools; prior experience conducting sales/business development training.
- Ability to adapt to change and promote flexibility and continuous learning within the SDR team.
- Must be a fast learner, team player, and have a personal drive to succeed.
- Travel Required- 25%
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of work and education.
- Proficient in Salesforce and Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook