Are you passionate about education and technology? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment? Do you
love to grow a global brand? Then we are looking for you.
Knovva Academy is at the forefront of changing the way teens interact with education and the world around them. We are dedicated to build a global blended learning ecosystem by creating the most exciting global education programs and online courses. We’re working to build tomorrow's world leaders and we need some of the best on our team to grow with us and help us continue to expand our reach, perfect our programs and create lasting relationships with the educational community.
If this sounds like an amazing place to work already, there’s much more. We are an entrepreneurial startup that nurtures our talented employees with great benefits and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Knovva academy is a passionate work environment with an international atmosphere and a welcoming staff. On top of our competitive salary and benefits, we also offer global snacks, WFH Fridays, group outings and many more perks to come. Knovva’s core belief in the importance of diversity and open mindedness is reflected in both the programs and in its work space. Knovva is located in Boston’s innovative Seaport District.
If you’re ready to use your skills to help shake up the education world, Knovva Academy is the place for you.
The Vice President of Sales and Business Development will be the owner of all sales initiatives at Knovva. Their focus will be on building on our infrastructure to engage Knovva’s various prospective leads along with our network of clients and partners. This candidate will also be responsible for managing all aspects of Knovva’s sales campaigns and operations, and for successfully leading and mentoring a team of school relationship managers. This executive position will build on the foundation of the company and help take us to the next level.
● Oversee and execute strategy on company sales initiatives that contribute to Knovva’s high growth goals, including demand generation, customer acquisition and service, content, events, and branding.
● Align closely with Product Development, Academic, Design and Marketing teams to understand K12 schools and students’ needs, create go-to-market strategies, and create communication and collateral that reflects the company brand and ROI for clients/stakeholders.
● Hire, mentor, and lead a world-class sales team with a strong focus on Academia and on-demand products, while developing a long-term plan for sales team structure and growth.
● Lead the team in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on sales initiatives’ performance, with a focus on ROI & revenue growth.
● Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future sales campaigns and results.
● 6+ years of experience of Sales management and leadership.
● Previous sales experience in Academia is required, experience with B2B sales is a plus.
● Previous experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
● Robust knowledge of Salesforce and Hubspot are required.
● Proven to establish and maintain multiple networks and relationships.
● Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred. MBAs are a plus.
The VP of Sales and Business Development is a full-time position based in Knovva Academy’s office in the Seaport neighborhood of Boston. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Travel will be 10-20% of your time. Must be authorized to work in the United States; sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: please submit your résumé along with a cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.