Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
This is an incredible opportunity to lead a strategic function for one of the fastest-growing companies in the data management space! Starburst is searching for a VP, Product Marketing to lead our product marketing, solutions marketing, and partner marketing functions. While the focus will be on setting these functions up to scale, the product marketing leader will also be charted with leading analyst relations, and expected to contribute to product & company strategy.
Starburst is seeking an exceptional experienced product marketing leader who will bring a strong focus to the connection between product marketing, pipeline generation, and opportunity acceleration.
- Own product messaging and positioning, partnering with the CMO to ensure alignment with company positioning. Bring a strong focus to connecting customer pain by persona with how we help, told through a customer-story backed narrative.
- Lead a team of 4+ talented product & solution marketers, and ensure their workstreams connect to company strategy.
- Manage the hiring, development, and retention of all future product, solution and product marketing employees.
- Partner closely with product, sales, partner, and customer success leadership to ensure alignment across functions relative to product marketings focus areas.
- Play a strategic role bringing Starburst Galaxy to market alongside Starburst Enterprise.
- Evangelize Starburst and Trino to external audiences - owning Analyst & Influencer relations, and supporting Public Relations.
- Act as a leading contributor to content and customer marketing strategy as vehicles to support the corporate & product strategy. Ensure your team contributes necessary written content.
- Partner closely with Demand Generation to ensure the team is enabled with the right persona + messaging content to deliver targeted campaigns.
- Act as the quarter back to the marketing team - bringing strong focus to the personas we serve, in the industries & use cases that are our best fit.
- Own the ongoing refinement of our Ideal Customer Profile.
- Play a strategic role in our Customer Advisory Board management.
- 15+ years experience in B2B software marketing-3-5+ years experience leading product marketing-Pragmatic Marketing certified
- Proven ability to up-level messaging to focus on business value, alongside features/functions
- Experience running mono + multi-product marketing
- Experience running competitive intelligence programs
- Experience positioning a company to analyst and influencer audiences
- Experience working for start-ups and scale-ups
- Experience in the data management space
- BA or BS required
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Force Managements methodology
- Experience working in sales
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.