Youtopia: Were on a mission to make vibrant health and longevity to 120 a Simple and Achievable Reality for All of Us! If that inspires you, keep reading.
Our tribe is built on the foundation of love, driven by our massively transformative purpose. We strive to be heroes to Youtopians everywhere. That starts with living a life true to ourselves and representing the company with honor 24x7x365.
On our team, you will get to dedicate 70% of your working time doing what
you do best: building amazing things with other amazing people in a fast-paced environment. (and having a blast doing it!) Your accomplishments will be measured in people served and progress made daily.
About the Position
Our platforms are central to Youtopias ability to drive measurable health and wellness outcomes for Youtopians. We are seeking a technically and strategically savvy VP of Product Engineering to lead an innovative team of front-end developers and engineers that will create and enhance cross-platform customer-facing products.
In collaboration with our Product, Operations, Sales, and Customer Success teams, the VP of Product Engineering ensures the customer experience on our platforms are engaging, efficient and effective. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to lead a team of engineers and developers that will make a positive material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users.
As our VP of Product Engineering, you will:
- Own the strategic vision and the technology roadmap for our applications and technology solutions (including Web, iOS and Android) to meet the needs of different internal and external stakeholders.
- Leverage your engineering expertise and leadership skills to inspire others, provide guidance, and grow a high-performing engineering team.
- Lead high-level architecture and be able to provide hands-on technical direction when necessary.
- Closely collaborates with the VP of Platform Engineering to ensure that the front-end and back-end programming teams are aligned resulting in optimal application performance.
- Ensure an excellent customer experience, raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Take the larger company vision and translate it into strategies and plans including trade-offs required to realize the vision.
- Raise the bar on sustainable engineering by improving best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
- Oversee the development of product applications that customers really want, using short cycles of work that allow for rapid production and constant revision if necessary.
- Establish best practices for UX/UI, design and development as it relates specifically to our digital optimization work.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Ensure that our technology strategy will support our product strategy while staying on top of day-to-day software development.
- Deliver and execute a plan to modernize and scale with new solutions and innovative tools.
- Work closely with Product Designers and Product Owners/Integrators to do roadmap planning.
- Promote and cultivate team spirit and culture built on open communication, collaboration, teamwork, trust and integrity.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability and inclusiveness, in partnership with peers on the leadership team.
- Develop, lead and coordinate communications and relationships across multiple IT and product teams.
- Maintain awareness of new / emerging data technologies and their potential application to existing or future service offerings.
- Develop, improve and maintain technical engineering documentation.
- Use quantitative experimentation to derive result-oriented actions for user acquisition, retention, experience, and performance.
- Work with Product Management to understand future business needs and provide a technical strategy.
What you bring to the table:
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with collaboration to deliver outcomes.
- A demonstrated ability to lead by example and effectively support team members by equipping them with the tools and encouragement needed to be successful.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain credibility with highly technical, highly specialized subordinates.
- You enjoy and are highly effective at serving as a liaison with developers, project managers, and all other internal customers, team members and peers.
- A track record of successfully leading cross-platform customer-facing product engineering teams.
Required experience and education:
- Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field, PHD is preferred.
- 10+ years of working experience with multi-platform technology involving partnership with internal customer teams.
- 8+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching customer-facing apps.
- 5+ years of experience managing and mentoring engineering teams and platforms.
- Advanced, inside-out knowledge of multiple programming languages used on front-end development teams, as well as personal experience with the following technologies (or similar products):
- Roadmap strategies
- Agile software
- Major cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Version Control -preferably using git; widely adopted writing software
- A front-end framework like React, Vue.js or AngularJS
- CI/CD troubleshooting tools
- High level of business acumen. Ability to align product development and deliver with products that meet the goals and mission of the company.
- Experience analyzing features in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences.
- Experience with Charrette, Waterfall, and Agile methodology.
- Experience working in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Prior experience developing commercial products.
- Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to craft products that are accessible to users with disabilities.
- Previous experience in a startup environment, taking products from inception to launch and building an effective product team.
- Previous experience developing personal Apps on the App Store is a plus.
Why you should work with us:
- Unique opportunity to work with a pre-launch, well-funded, start-up on the path to help millions of people achieve vibrant health through the power of optimal individualized nutrition.
- Join a dynamic collaborative team that will design and deploy innovative products.
- You will be part of an organization that is positively making a difference in the world.
- Flexible work environment
- Medical, dental, and life insurance