VP of Product
Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology learning platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to innovate faster and create progress for the world.
Working at Pluralsight
At Pluralsight, we believe everyone should have the opportunity to create progress through technology. That everyone should have access to the skills of tomorrow. That technology can make the world a better place. Through the work we do everyday, we empower the people who power our world.
And we don’t let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. We’re adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Ever worked on a product where the requirements were dictated to you by stakeholders? Not at Pluralsight. We believe in human-centered design, autonomous teams, and the customer breaking the tie. Which means, you will be working on a cross-functional organization of product, engineering and content teams who all share the same focus; learning from our customers and using that knowledge to decide what problems to solve and how to solve them. This is why we look for practitioners who are experienced, good at understanding people, and are driven by the love of what they do.
Pluralsight is expanding its product leadership team. As we continue to enhance our enterprise offering, we're looking for a vice president of product focused on our Pluralsight IQ products based on our best in class product development methodologies.
Who you are:
- You lead humans so they can be the best they can be
- You are committed to creating world-class customer experience for Pluralsight’s products at scale
- You are comfortable establishing and evangelizing a desired end state, or outcome, and motivating others to come along
- You ask detailed and specific questions, understand nuance, and challenge conventional wisdom
- You care about the success of our customers and the change that their success will create in the world
- You are committed to empowering other Pluralsight organizations to assist our customers
- You lead with empathy, compassion and focus on human-centered design
- You are an excellent facilitator. You are adept at guiding a group of people towards a decision instead of making the decision for them. You have the foresight to see the right questions.
- You are tenacious about outcomes-driven product development. Rather than saying, "Here's what we the company is setting out to build or do, now what impact can that make." You focus on "What impact do we want to achieve? And what things will enable that impact"
- You are an outstanding communicator. You are sincere and context-seeking with the ability to communicate vision and priorities across Pluralsight.
- You are an objective truth seeker. You are not driven by ego. You are committed to co-creating solutions to identified needs, data-driven decision making.
- You are an ethnographer with a deep love for humanity. You invest in learning about the people we are serving and you dive deep into their genuine needs.
What you’ll own:
- Leading your teams happy, healthy and performant
- Hiring, onboarding and training product managers and product designers around our tools, processes, and operations
- Helping set the outcomes with your teams and inspiring them based on Pluralsight’s mission, vision, and corporate strategy
- Lead our Pluralsight IQ strategy. Pluralsight IQ helps learners verify their skills and see how they compare to their peers.
- Working with internal teams to create and refine our Pluralsight IQ strategy
- Communicating plans, progress, goals, and challenges effectively to product and other internal teams
- Testing proposed Pluralsight IQ products cost-effectively to minimize risk while continuing to learn and deliver
- Partnering with the internal teams during the implementation and deployment to better understand customer needs
- Measuring the effectiveness of Pluralsight IQ, focusing on primary metrics that help move our mission forward
Experience you’ll need:
- 5-10+ years of product or design leadership, this means leading product development, product strategy, and also leading people and teams
- Experience in organizational design and scaling of large teams and operations
- Experience in business strategy and understanding of market needs in the technology space
- Expertise in execution of qualitative and quantitative research, synthesis, analysis skills
- Expertise in human-centered design, user experience design, and inclusive design
- Expertise in building product analytics, and tracking and measuring experiments
- Strong communication skills. Demonstrated ability to speak on strategic and technical topics clearly with leadership and other internal teams
Be Yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.