Youtopia: Were on a mission to make vibrant health and longevity to 120 a Simple and Achievable Reality for All of Us! If that inspires you, keep reading.
Our tribe is built on the foundation of love, driven by our massively transformative purpose. We strive to be heroes to Youtopians everywhere. That starts with living a life true to ourselves and representing the company with honor 24x7x365.
On our team, you will get to dedicate 70% of your working time doing what
you do best: building amazing things with other amazing people in a fast-paced environment. (and having a blast doing it!) Your accomplishments will be measured in people served and progress made daily.
About the Position
Our platforms are central to Youtopias ability to drive measurable health and wellness outcomes for Youtopians. We are searching for an exceptional platform engineering leader to help scale our technology platforms to meet changing, fast-growing business needs, and efficiently implement new solutions. The Head of Platform Engineering leads a team of engineers and developers that build the back-end configuration of our customer-facing products.
As our VP of Platform Engineering, you will:
- Create the overall strategy, development and day to day operations of the platforms for this direct-to-consumer business model.
- Provide architectural and hands on technical leadership across a number of product streams.
- Own back-end optimizations, enhancements and new features across all of our platforms.
- Responsible for leading the end-to-end development and deployment of our AI-enabled and ML products.
- Closely collaborates and partners with the VP of Product Engineering to ensure that the front-end and back-end engineering and programming teams are aligned resulting in optimal application performance.
- Partner with Product Management and Product Engineering teams to establish, define and drive your engineering roadmap.
- Leverage your engineering expertise and leadership skills to inspire others, provide guidance, and grow a high-performing engineering team.
- Lead high-level architecture and be able to provide hands-on technical direction when necessary.
- Promote and cultivate team spirit and culture built on open communication, collaboration, teamwork, trust and integrity.
- Develop, lead and coordinate communications and relationships across multiple IT and product teams.
- Ensures that web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers are successfully integrated.
- Develop and improve the capabilities of our infrastructure, CI/CD pipeline, deployment orchestration, monitoring and reporting.
- Create an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on documentation, testing, and user experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of the people, technologies, and practices of your team, and apply your expertise to planning, prioritization, and execution.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Ensure that our technology strategy will support our product strategy while staying on top of day-to-day software development.
- Collaborate with other engineers, third party vendors, and internal stakeholders to apply data solutions to the unique challenges of our business.
- Ensure that the skills of the platform engineering team are kept aligned with the business as well as technology.
- Improving our code quality through writing unit tests, automation, performing code reviews and providing detailed feedback to back-end engineers and developers.
- Work with Product Management to understand future business needs and provide a technical strategy.
- Working with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulating use cases, and then translating that into pragmatic and effective technical solutions.
What you bring to the table:
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with collaboration to deliver outcomes.
- Passionate about creating world class solutions and working in a startup environment where there are big responsibilities along with the opportunity to make a big impact.
- A strategic engineering technology leader that leads by example and effectively supports team members by equipping them with the tools and encouragement needed to be successful.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain credibility with highly technical, highly specialized subordinates.
- Ability to conduct technology analyses/evaluations, infrastructure decisions, and deep code reviews.
- You enjoy and are highly effective at serving as a liaison with developers, project managers, and all other internal customers, team members and peers.
Required experience and education:
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field, PHD is preferred.
- 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching cloud-based software products or services.
- 8+ years of experience building machine learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) powering consumer products.
- 5+ years of experience managing and mentoring engineering teams and platforms.
- 5+ years of experience architecting & building products from pre-launch through maturity.
- Extensive experience with engineering, architecting, and delivering technology solutions using Python (must be able and willing to code when needed).
- Deep knowledge of the latest AI/ML technologies and engineering trends, tools and platforms.
- Strong product and technical leadership, project management and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Technical strength and deep knowledge of full stack.
- Experience with Charrette, Waterfall, and Agile methodology.
- Experience working in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Prior experience developing user-interface products.
- Both experience managing development teams that use, as well as personal experience with, at least a few of the following technologies:
- Roadmap strategies
- Python (must be able and willing to code when needed)
- Database technologies (both SQL and NoSQL.)
- Agile software
- Major cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Version Control -preferably using git; widely adopted writing software
- CI/CD troubleshooting tools
Why you should work with us:
- Unique opportunity to work with a pre-launch, well-funded, start-up on the path to help millions of people achieve vibrant health through the power of optimal individualized nutrition.
- Join a dynamic collaborative team that will design and deploy innovative products.
- You will be part of an organization that is positively making a difference in the world.
- Flexible work environment
- Medical, dental, and life insurance