Who We Are
ButcherBox is a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company headquartered in Brighton, MA. At ButcherBox, we believe in better. That’s why we deliver 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef, free-range organic chicken, pork raised crate-free, and wild-caught seafood directly to our members’ doors. All of our products are humanely raised or wild-caught and never given antibiotics or added hormones ever. We’re working to build a world that’s better for all, and we’re inviting everyone to come along. For us, better means treating our planet with respect. It means improving the lives of animals and the livelihoods of farmers. It means never cutting corners when it comes to doing business. Ultimately, it means better meals, enjoyed together. Our team is made up of people who collaborate and support one another. We’re always looking for outstanding people to join our mission!
About The Role
We’re looking for a VP of People Operations to lead and oversee our People Operations function at ButcherBox.
Our mission to believe in better includes believing in a better workplace – one that puts employees first and focuses on inclusivity and high employee engagement. You will work with all departments to drive our people initiatives to ensure an amazing employee experience for both our in-office and remote employees. You’ll be a member of the ButcherBox Leadership team and report directly to the COO.
- Lead all aspects of a people-first People Operations strategy and initiatives that support our long-term vision
- Develop a deep understanding of our culture and business to serve as a trusted strategic business partner and Leadership Team member
- Provide leadership and guidance for the team to design and implement initiatives across the employee journey including hiring, onboarding, performance management, and learning and professional development, to help support developing high performing teams across all levels
- Oversee processes and tools that help measure employee engagement, and act upon the insights and findings to continue to nourish the culture we are growing and engage with the employees
- Implement and iterate on HR systems and processes to support a workforce that will scale within the next three + years
- Provide direction and leadership related to manager development, succession planning, retention, and compensation and benefits.
- Partner with our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee on initiatives
- Own the development of human resources policies and procedures, maintaining compliance with employment-related laws and regulations.
- Identify trends to recommend proactive solutions for attracting and retaining the best talent.
- Build, train, and mentor the People Operations team as it grows
- Proactively engage with managers in the Company to help them navigate supporting their employees and working through development or performance issues of an employee
- 8+ years of experience in human resources leading people strategies and programs
- Experience scaling an organization of 150+ employees
- Experience implementing DEI initiatives
- Proven track record to think about and plan for the long-term
- Demonstrable ability to create and execute on initiatives
- Proven ability to thrive in a multifaceted, entrepreneurial environment
- Communication skills and ability to connect with employees at all levels of the organization
- Able to work from our Boston office once it’s back open in late 2021 or early 2022
What We Offer
ButcherBox strives to maintain a supportive and encouraging environment. We value autonomy and transparency, and allow our employees access to all levels of the organization. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of the steps we've taken and continue to take to promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We're open to remote work, and even encourage our in-office employees to work from home a couple days a week.
*Due to current circumstances regarding COVID-19, all of our employees are working 100% remotely for the time being
- Health: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an employer-funded HSA, and short & long-term disability benefits
- Financial: 401(k) with generous employer match, an annual discretionary performance bonus, profit bonus, and equity ownership in the company
- Time off: unlimited paid time off policy, an executive team that encourages a good work/life balance
- Personal growth: professional development opportunities, including free access to online learning programs
- Food: a free Custom Classic ButcherBox each month and weekly lunch reimbursement
- Others: subsidized commuter benefits and reimbursement for gym membership
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure all individuals are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.