Love dogs? Love driving employee and business success? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark has the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
As VP People, you will be the champion of all things people at Embark. Working closely with the CEO and COO, as a part of the Executive Team, you will be the companys thought leader on people and culture. You will create a hiring, employee engagement, and retention strategy that supports Embarks rapid growth and the growth of our team members. If you are committed to providing a best-in-class employee experience and making every hiring manager view you as their hero, while diving hands-on into a high-growth companys people processes, we want to hear from you!
- Develop effective partnership across the Executive Team: become a trusted partner who gets the business and represents and embodies the best interests of Embark
- Champion our Company Culture: continually improve Embarks culture bringing our passion for an accountable, diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce to everyday life
- Build and scale Talent Acquisition capabilities: create internal recruiting machine to attract top talent and deliver an outstanding candidate experience. Articulate and message Embarks employer brand identity
- Drive initiatives that maximize employee engagement: architect effective strategies, programs, and processes that scale. Establish onboarding program designed to support growth rate. Develop Total Rewards strategy to reward, recognize, and motivate employees. Identify training solutions to provide rich career experiences
- A track record of innovating in the People space with demonstrated knowledge in best practices and depth of experience in: talent acquisition, employee relations, compensation, benefits, compliance, DEI, learning, and development
- Possess strong business acumen and the ability to create people programs that drive results for the company and opportunities for our employees. Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Able to speak truth to all members of the organization, especially those with influence even when doing so is unpopular
- Persuasive in high-stakes situations where the VP of People can influence peers to adopt a new solution
- Minimum 10 years People Operations experience in a variety of roles; with stand out skills in Talent Acquisition
- 5 years experience leading high performing results orientated team
- Prior experience scaling a People Operations function at a high-growth Series A to Series C startup a strong plus
What We Offer
- Work from home until summer 2021 with option for 1-day/week work-from-home after that
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid parental leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.