Full-time, Boston, MA (or Remote in Eastern US timezone)
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a fast-growing SaaS startup with a clear-eyed focus on being the market leader in the red-hot Customer Data Platform category. Critical to our success is our ability to hire, grow, and retain talent and we are on the hunt to find a leader who is ready to be entrusted with our shared ambition of building the dream. If you are ready and able to take the reins to lead and scale our people operation function, lets talk.
We have ambitious goals, every year and especially in 2021. With plans to double our revenue and our headcount, in the US and internationally, we need a committed, experienced leader who is high energy and high empathy, ready to build and scale the organization responsible for our most important asset our people.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our mission is to make on out-sized impact, every day for customers, for partners, for employees.
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.
About the Job
The BlueConic founders believed so completely in BlueConic's potential to radically change marketing and disrupt the martech industry, they committed themselves completely to pursuing that vision bootstrapping the first stage and moving from the Netherlands to the US to found the company. We are a team where every single one of us is entrusted and committed to help reach this vision and as such, we are tasked with our own part in achieving success. We now need a People leader to take that to the next level. Reporting into the COO, you have talent partners in the US and the Netherlands and a lot of runway to ramp up. This is a hands-on role with green field opportunity to directly impact business through HR excellence and scalable best practices.
Our goal is for BlueConic to be a fun, productive, welcoming, and safe space where BlueCrew members of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, life experiences, nationalities, ages, religions, and beliefs are empowered to be able to make an outsized impact every day. As our People leader, you will play a critical role in realizing this commitment.
In this role you will:
- Build and scale a global People operation
- Business partner and employee relations
- Employee experience and engagement
- Diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Compensation and benefits
- Global HR Operations, compliance, and HRIS
- Design, implement, and manage the BlueCrew employee experience
- Performance management
- Culture initiatives, including diversity, inclusion, and belonging programming
- Oversee Talent Acquisition
- Talent strategy creation and execution
- Candidate experience and offer management
- Recruiting and sourcing strategies, worldwide
- Built, scaled, and led a People function from the ground up or had a front-row seat to it at in a less senior role. You can demonstrate an understanding of the range of priorities and how to approach them in a growth-phase organization.
- Worked in a company of a similar size (about 100-250 employees), with headquarters in the US and a big presence internationally (were going to maintain about a 60/40 employee split in the US vs. rest-of-world) and have experience leading a team where colleagues can be separate in both time zones and physical space.
- 10+ years relevant HR experience including talent acquisition, employee relations, and organizational development, with prior experience managing a human resources team with an international scope covering both the US and EU, ideally with a digital workforce in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior business leaders, managers, and peers.
- High energy, high empathy, and are clearly a cultural champion both as a role model for our values and by leading cross-functional initiatives to strengthen our culture as we grow. This includes a demonstrated commitment to and track record of leading including Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging programming.
You will be a great fit if you are:
- A consummate coach who finds nothing more fulfilling than contributing to a groups success and helping leaders develop.
- A fervent collaborator, an empathetic listener, and a deliberate, data-driven decision-maker.
- An excellent decision-maker with an unparalleled, morally-sound judgement.
- Deeply responsible and accountable, with a precise attention to detail while maintaining context of the big picture.
Reasons to join us:
- Help build the best company in marketing technology, period.
- Be part of a fast-growing team in downtown Boston with offices in the Netherlands.
- Work with big name brands to achieve their marketing goals.
- Join early and help shape this function as it expands and grows with customer demand.
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including the office stroopwafel supply (google it).