About the Role
Validity is seeking a VP, Marketing to support our next wave of growth. Reporting to the EVP, Sales & Marketing and working closely with cross functional leaders, the successful candidate will possess a passion for creativity, operational efficiency, measurability and technical marketing know-how.
This role will leverage Validitys highly aligned sales and marketing culture to take our demand generation function to the next level. The result? Campaigns that outperform, measurable expansion of our new business engagements, and pipeline coverage that drives revenue growth.
With a primary focus on executing and optimizing our performance marketing strategy, the VP, Marketing will select, implement and manage the people, processes, tools and metrics required to ensure a solid return on every effort and investment. Additionally, you will be encouraged to test, explore and grow new demand channels as well as to pursue innovative new ways that get results.
The ideal candidate will be a well-experienced, operational leader with a proven track record of managing marketing budgets, projects and programs effectively to achieve new logo acquisition and revenue growth goals. He/she will also be endlessly curious, have deep experience with inbound, SEO, account-based marketing, customer advocacy, and new logo acquisition, as well as have deep technical knowledge of Marketo, Salesforce CRM and the overall martech stack.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop a holistic, multi-channel marketing strategy that promotes a decisively defined value proposition across all marketing platforms.
- Execute programs and campaigns that meet demand/lead generation goals and translate directly into revenue growth.
- Take a full-funnel view to testing / learning / optimizing all outbound Marketing messages and materials to ensure a data-based understanding of the best ways to market and sell to each buyer persona.
- Drive the operational governance and reporting for marketing performance, in collaboration with marketing operations, revenue ops (finance), sales leadership and sales operations.
- Identify appropriate KPIs to track and measure effectiveness of marketing programs. Apply robust analysis to derive insights and meaning from the metrics. Drive progress on those metrics by implementing and optimizing resources, processes, and technology.
- Elevate our new logo acquisition strategy and approach by personally leading all campaign planning and execution for named and unnamed new logo targets to ensure that we maximize our ability to capture new bookings as efficiently as possible.
- Lead, mentor and inspire a high caliber team of marketing professionals to achieve key business goals.
- Manage the marketing program budget and track/measure the ROI of marketing spend.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- 10+ years owning and managing marketing pipeline creation that results in revenue growth within high growth, multi-product, B2B SaaS companies. Experience working in a Private Equity-backed firm a plus.
- Deep experience operationalizing marketing activities to ensure they are efficient, measurable, and scalable.
- Strong budgetary management experience and analytical skill. Experience managing $15M+ budgets. Proven track record of analyzing marketing spend to determine ROI and inform future activities/investments.
- Exemplary leadership and management skills. Ability to lead by example and inspire others to achieve success. Track record of attracting and retaining top marketing talent and managing teams effectively to optimize results.
- Demonstrated experience with global campaign design and execution. A genuine passion for thoughtful and engaging campaign design and a focus on end-to-end execution
- Technical acumen of the marketing systems and processes, with working knowledge of Salesforce CRM and Marketo as well as SalesLoft (or similar sales development platform)
- Experience in paid search, SEO, and inbound marketing
- Highly creative with the ability to innovate new ways to generate interest and excitement among targeted audiences.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills